What do you think is the best rock ballad? Just so you get an idea of what kinds I'm talking about:

One last breath - Creed ( even though the guy looks like a complete pussy douche in the video )

Here without you - 3 doors down

Fade to black - Metallica.

I personally think fade to black is the best. Go!
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Creed? Are you a queer? Your response makes me not even want to give a serious reply.

edit: Beat me to it you bastard!
guns roses - november rain. sweet child o mine....dahhh
"sayyy "Vandelay Industries " sayyy " Vandelay Industries" -george-

Haaappyyy Festivus.
Quote by denizenz
Creed...

...3 doors down? Rock? Rock ballads?

No Savatage...no Queensryche...not even any Avantasia??

I quit this message board. Seriously.

You people call yourselves guitarists.

I'm not allowed to like a song?
Go away. I don't listen to much rock anyway, I listen to classical and Death Metal.
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Quote by shakin'cakes
Go away. I don't listen to much rock anyway, I listen to classical and Death Metal.

No you are not allowed to like Creed...sorrry...and quit whining...
Quote by shakin'cakes

He is allowed to flame you for liking faggy bands since you're in the pit.
Quote by denizenz
Creed...

...3 doors down? Rock? Rock ballads?

No Savatage...no Queensryche...not even any Avantasia??

I quit this message board. Seriously.

You people call yourselves guitarists.

This.

Call me an ass, but seriously....wha?
Quote by shakin'cakes

wait....i'm confused. so, you dont listen to much music in the "rock" genre, but feel able enough/believe you have enough knowledge of the genre that warrants a thread about the "best ballad" of the genre. that is similar to me making a thread on the most technically skilled classical composer.....even though i know barely anything about that musical genre.

just for clarifications sake.
I made this thread so I could get some good answers to download new songs..

But all I get is douchebags acting tough behind a keyboard. Meh. I just think most of you need to stop being so uptight about everything, it's just a question jeez.
Quote by buddha

Quote by uk.mace
Muse - Blackout, Ozzy - I Just Want You, Metallica - Nothing Else Matters, Opeth - Patterns in the Ivy II, Oasis - Wonderwall
Probably more, and some may not think them ballads but meh, each to his own

I like this guy. Thanks man.
Quote by buddha

whitesnake=the masters of good ol cheesy rock ballads!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by shakin'cakes
I made this thread so I could get some good answers to download new songs..

But all I get is douchebags acting tough behind a keyboard. Meh. I just think most of you need to stop being so uptight about everything, it's just a question jeez.

well, i was asking for clarification, not sure how i was "acting tough behind a keyboard". putting that first part in your OP would have been very helpful, and would have gotten better responses to begin with.

and also, acting like a "tough douchebag" behind a keyboard was that thread with that "cory" kid and facebook messages.

edit: and i'm sorry if any misunderstandings were had on my part. i did not try to come off as i may have. the internet, unfortunately, does not convey specific diction/implied meanings.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Nov 24, 2008,
Quote by Skierinanutshel
well, i was asking for clarification, not sure how i was "acting tough behind a keyboard". putting that first part in your OP would have been very helpful, and would have gotten better responses to begin with.

and also, acting like a "tough douchebag" behind a keyboard was that thread with that "cory" kid and facebook messages.

Yeah I know I wasn't calling you the douchebag, just the guys who make fun of people because they like a certain song, so what if they like it?
Quote by buddha

love is only a feeling-the darkness
growing on me-the darkness
thank you-led zeppelin

most beatles songs
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Back to the intended topic ¬_¬ How about Seize the Day or I Wont See You Tonight (Pt. 1) by Avenged Sevenfold?
I'm not a rock fan so here are some metal suggestions:

Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes
Dream Theater - Spirit Carries On
Dream Theater - Hallow Years
Dream Theater - Another Day
Sonata Arctica - Tallulah
Sonata Arctica - Last Drop Falls
Sonata Arctica - Shamandalie
Opeth - Face of Melinda
Opeth - Benighted
Opeth - Harvest
Opeth - Patterns in the Ivy
Andromeda - Castaway
Andromeda - Two Is One
Adagio - Promises

This could take all day...pretty much anything by Pagan's Mind, Beyond Twilight has a bunch of good ones as does Circus Maximus. Any and all power/progressive metal band will have a few great ballads per album.
My favorite one is Home Sweet Home by Motley Crue, I love the piano riff which is rare for me cause usually I hate when piano is added to rock songs
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Virtually anything by Iron Maiden.
The Unforgiven - Metallica
A Tout Le Monde - Megadeth
Wanted Dead Or Alive - Bon Jovi
Everlong - Foo Fighters
November Rain - Guns N' Roses
Zzyzx Rd. - Stone Sour
(^^ Random last one, but listen and you will see what I mean)