Hi UGers. I've recently been looking forward to buying a compressor pedal for my bass.
So, could you please recommend me some good bass compressor pedals? Could a guitar compressor like a Boss CS3 work fine with a bass?
I don't know about the CS3 but you can probably get a bass-specific compressor. Just increase the gain?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

A compressor is a compressor, really. There are 'bass' compressors, but what they really are are simply multiband compressors which are more useful on bass than they are on guitar. Guitar compressors seem to be a single band. With a multiband (typically 2 band), you can compress the highs and lows different amounts, which is handy on bass.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
A compressor is a compressor, really. There are 'bass' compressors, but what they really are are simply multiband compressors which are more useful on bass than they are on guitar. Guitar compressors seem to be a single band. With a multiband (typically 2 band), you can compress the highs and lows different amounts, which is handy on bass.

I actually realise that he's ^ right now. Skillful, eh?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright