I just bought a washburn guitar from my buddy. He doesnt know what model it is and niether do i so ill skip that for now. I've been doing a lot of work on it because it was a junker when i bought it and now i have a major problem.When you go to play, each string plays the same note no matter which fret youre on. It has a licensed floyd rose bridge on it

Can Anyone Help Me
are you sure you're not just fretting the wrong string? 'cause otherwise that's impossible
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by DGlenn8
I just bought a washburn guitar from my buddy. He doesnt know what model it is and niether do i so ill skip that for now. I've been doing a lot of work on it because it was a junker when i bought it and now i have a major problem.When you go to play, each string plays the same note no matter which fret youre on. It has a licensed floyd rose bridge on it

Can Anyone Help Me

Is the note "HMMMMMMMMMMM" ?

If so, your ground wire may have come loose...

Or you are more Tone deaf than Beethoven...mind you, he done OK.
Well, seeing as it has a floating trem, you'll need to string it with a full set. chances are your bridge has sunk to the point whereany note you play will just end up bottoming out on one of the higher frets due to neck bow. The floating trem pulls back with the same tension as the strings, so it can go both directions (dive and pull-up) but since you don't have all 6 strings on, it's probably past it's equilibrium, and thus doesn't work properly. that being said, you may want to replace the trem springs as well, as they might have stretched after a while.

Buy a full set of strings, (preferably the same size as what's on there) and let us know what happens.
------

Shwiggity.
ok...here are some instructions!!:

pull the floyd rose up with the tremelo arm and wedge a pack of cards or something of similar size underneaththis will take the tension off the strings. restring the whole guitar whist the pack of cards is still wedged there. remove the cards...and tune up. if the bridge raises too high from the body...open up the back cavity of the guitar...there are springs attatched to screws....tighten the screws untill the floyd meets flush with the body...or vice versa if the bridge is sitting too low in the body.just remember you can't just put one or in your case three strings on a floyd rose equipped guitar and tune up...there is too much tension. it will break your strings.
hope this helps!!
By the way, the guitar's a Washburn Culprit. Designed by a little-known feller by the name of:

DIMEBAG F***IN' DARRELL!

True story. he designed it, and they went into production, shortly before he left Washburn and went back to Dean. He used them for a while for drop tunings, but obviously stopped because of the endorsement deal with Dean.

They weren't supposed to be as good as the Dean ML-style sigs, but they weren't bad either. Regardless, it's pretty cool that you have one. Congratulations, dude!

So just get that bridge set up right and you should be golden. Deftones and Gurg have all the right advice. ^
wow thats crazy i had no idea
i fixed everything but now all i need to do is raise the action
How do i do this?
Quote by DGlenn8
wow thats crazy i had no idea
i fixed everything but now all i need to do is raise the action
How do i do this?

the two screws holding the floyd in place....just tighten or loosen them to change the action.
Enjoy!

Sound clips if possible? I Love hearing guitars after being restored for some reason, it just adds a sense of reality to it all.
------

Shwiggity.
^ i second this!
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
i missed out on being the smart one and knowing what the problem was by 5 days. damn you deftonesordie

hey man, get that s**t into a guitar tech at a music store or somewhere, 1998 washburn culprit, washburn site 1998 model $1.550
i got one of these that needs a new neck,
no-where has the time to make one, total B***h,
gonna make a neck for it myself.

this guitar rips down tuned to underground in america, with stock pickups, & depending on what gear you got,
at the time mine was working, i used a 1x12 marshal park 80w combo & boss gt-6

anybody from U.K reading this between 4th march and 13th march 09, i got templates for this body i made on ebay.co.uk
^ delete the last section of that post or pheer teh warnings.

and Don't Necrobump.

EDIT: reported, you can't advertise things like that in GB&C, man.
------

Shwiggity.
Last edited by deftonesordie at Mar 4, 2009,