what are the chords mostly used in metal and what are the scales that i should learn also i need to learn how to arpeggiate chords can anyone link me some info about that?
Metal doesnt really use full chords often its usually single notes or dyads like power chords played in a syncopated rhythm.
i have explored the sea
Umm.... the chord sequence tends to go Root 6th 7th. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. And learn to sweep and speed pick if you're doing solos.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

tune down to drop d...and then play barre chords (same fret top 3 strings) .....chug away...or do gallop picking..theres lessons on it everywhere...i like d minor to metal solo in..try it
Clapton is God

fender telecaster custom
cry baby wah
digitech death metal
dan electro delay
korg multi effects
boss chromatic tuner
marshall VALVESTATE 8040

oasis acoustic (wonderwall video)
Quote by lolitron2.5
what are the chords mostly used in metal and what are the scales that i should learn also i need to learn how to arpeggiate chords can anyone link me some info about that?

Metal is really all about power chords and fast picking ... palm muting
Scales... the pentatonic minor and major are the most popular...
Chord arpeggios is not as common in metal as it is in some other styles...
You should also learn sweep picking ...
It is very simple to play but very fuuuuuuuuuuuun!
Metal is a extremely wide genre, you could be playing Bodom style metal, or Opeth. I will agree that a large amount of mainstream metal is based on minor scale power chord riffs, but it is absolutely not the only approach.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Power chords/single notes. Lots of palm muting.

As far as scales, major and minor pentatonic and the blues scales.

Work on trem picking (alternate picking), arpeggiated sweep picking, and legato for soloing. Pinch harmonics are pretty cliche for metal as well.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Dude I would learn the 3 minor scales and go from there. Create your own chords all over. and the person that said metal doesn't use arpeggios is dead wrong. Arpeggio just means to pick out a chord which is made from three notes and arpeggios are just playing the same few notes up the octaves.

edit: Oh and learn your notes all over the fretboard and www.musictheory.net really helps it has a trainer there to help you learn and theory lessons that will teach you alot, and the scales.
most melodies in metal are minor, so minor chords. Dominant 7th chords work well too. also, the minor chord's ****ed up cousin, the diminished chord. But remember, metal is percussive, and based mostly around rhythmic ideas. Chords and harmonies have to be expressed subtly or your sound will become muddled.