I didn't know where to put this, but the pit seems appropriate.
What is the french word for distortion? All the translators give me déformation, which means deformed, and the overdrive isn't any help either. I know there are some french people on this forum, so help me out.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Le distortioné
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by muse-ik
I didn't know where to put this, but the pit seems appropriate.
What is the french word for distortion? All the translators give me déformation, which means deformed, and the overdrive isn't any help either. I know there are some french people on this forum, so help me out.

That is actually the most logical translation, it's the principal of how distortion works. The sound deforms. There probably isn't a better word for it.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Le distortioné

Does this REALLY need its own thread? There are thousands of french online dictionaries.

You have a serious case of fail TS, we'd better get you the the failologist as soon as possible.
Using google.fr I have come to the conclusion that it is distorsion and overdrive
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by bass-boy-garith
well done mr. kiss my bass, well done
Quote by Valderama
Le distortioné

Does this REALLY need its own thread? There are thousands of french online dictionaries.

You have a serious case of fail TS, we'd better get you the the failologist as soon as possible.

actually i just found out that you're all wrong, the closest word is distorsion. and I have checked multiple online dictionaries, and i'm fluent in french, just none of them had the right sense, because they're not online guitar dictionaries. Which i also have, but this term is lacking.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by muse-ik
actually i just found out that you're all wrong, the closest word is distorsion. and I have checked multiple online dictionaries, and i'm fluent in french, just none of them had the right sense, because they're not online guitar dictionaries. Which i also have, but this term is lacking.

You're obviously not that fluent, then.