Well I got the bugera about a week ago, and have been playing on it so much. I made this thread to recommend it to all you guitarist who look for a real good half stack. Its the first amp that can do really good cleans, and high gain well that I have tried outside of an ENGL. I have not tried a the triple recto, but I have tried many good amps. The cleans are absolutely beautiful, and the crunch channel is packed with definition. The effects loop is great too, and is something many of you im sure want.

I recommend this amp to all of you. Its an amazing deal. I have been playing mines for hours and reliability does not seem bad at all. Just in case I got a 2 yr warranty from sam ash where I can just exchange it for a new one if anything happens to it.
sounds nice.

One question tho, how can you test reliability through a few days of playing?
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

I bought mine on saturday

Dont get it til xmas though xD
They sound ****ing AMAZING!
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
TS, I have been looking at versatile high gain amps and the amp that I am probably going to go for is a Mesa Boogie DC-5, would you reccomend the 333XL over the DC-5?
Quote by kaosfire

One question tho, how can you test reliability through a few days of playing?

Agreed.
Adam
Quote by adzlee123
Agreed.

Well, I still don't know how reliable it is. It looks and feels reliable enough. I still got a warranty with it, just in case. But, to be honest I dont know if I will even use that warranty. It looks and feels reliable.

But omg the tone is awesome.

As for comparing this against the mesa dc5 its a hard comparison. The Bugera paired with a nice cab will sound better, both clean and on high gain than the mesa combo from memory, and from how much i am loving this amp. Its more versatile as well. Keep in mind it has been long since I played the mesa combo. But I am sure I am loving this more than almost anything I have ever played with a few exceptions, one being the engl, roland jc120....

Then again this thing is incredibly clean, and great for about every genre. Very versatil.

As for pics, I am way too lazy to go to the studio just to take pics. I feel lucky though, I convinced the sales person to give me a 20% discount if I make a big purchase. I bought 2 pedals (electric mistress, nova delay), a cable and the amp and as you can tell from it being 20% I got it all for a great price.
would it do eric johnson/satana/gary moore type smooth violin tones
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
I am not very familiar with gary moore. But I was able to pull off some really good santana tones out of it. And eric johnson tones as well. To get that tone you will need some carefull EQ. The amps tone is very smooth.
Quote by G-man05
TS, I have been looking at versatile high gain amps and the amp that I am probably going to go for is a Mesa Boogie DC-5, would you reccomend the 333XL over the DC-5?

Only for one reason...333XL is more flexible in a live situation...3 switchable channels and a switchable FX loop.

I imagine the DC-5 is about 50lbs lighter. (Bugera combos weigh a TON)

Other than that, both amps can cover just about anything in the studio.