Right i've recently turned 21 and with the money i've got i'm thinking about building a tele. I've settled on everything else if i do it, and i'm going to use an ash body with a maple neck, but i can;t decide on what pickups to use.

I was thinking about getting a seymour duncan str-2 for the neck and a seymour duncan stl-3 for the neck. Any suggestions of other pickups or thoughts regarding that decision would be very much appreciated.

btw..i'm going to use this guitar mainly to play radiohead, jeff buckley and bits of mellower indie/blues/classic rock etc... as my sg more than takes care of the heavier stuff.
You really should consider Lace sensors, dude. I just bought a red/silver HB for my Strat and it is a phenomenal magnet. Go check out my review for more in depth info. They make a Tele-type pickup, I don't know anything much about those, but I do know the Lace I just installed in my Strat is soooo waaaaay hotter and better than the Seymore in my Tele, no comparison.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Custom-Shop-Texas-Special-Tele-Pickups?sku=301620

Texas Specials FTW. late-50's/pre-CBS 60's tone, overwound bridge pickups, and cheaper than most custom shop pickups.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
www.buckcannon.com

Don is one of the best Tele pick-up winders, no, one of the best pick-up winders I've heard. He's the Tele man. I suggest you call him though. He's always helpful and friendly.
ok cheers i'll look into all of these. Thanks for the suggestion Iceman but i live across the pond. I'm guessing delivery is either going to be a no go or really expensive. Thank you for your suggestion though it was much appreciated.
Shipping from UK to me in California was $12 for a set of pickups, so don't rule out a US maker just because of that.

I have to recommend Lollar. I've heard good things from others, and the review on the frontpage of the website is amazing.

http://www.lollarguitars.com/

If you want someone local try Bareknuckle. I have a set of their "The Mule" PAF humbuckers and they're lovely. No experience with their single coils but they have sound clips all over their forum.

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/

Have fun!

-J
Quote by Nims

If you want someone local try Bareknuckle. I have a set of their "The Mule" PAF humbuckers and they're lovely. No experience with their single coils but they have sound clips all over their forum.

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/

Have fun!

-J

+over 9000
Bare Knuckle pups are THE best.

Why not peruse their site and see for yourself what takes your fancy, TS?
The quality is superb, they don't make one bad pickup. If you're serious about tone, get Bare Knuckles. You won't regret it, pricey or not.
Quote by Iceman 420
Across the pond?

Then, I suggest www.rockmonkeyguitars.com

He's a member here on UG, a damn good pick-up winder, and gives 10% discounts to UG-ers.

+1

there's no tele models on his site yet, but I'm sure he could knock something up.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
DIMEBUCKERS!!

But seriously +1 to Bareknuckle or UG's own RockMonkeyGuitars

Also if you don't wanna spend too much, GFS have some quality budget pickups!

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Quote by sesstreets

don't think they were there last time I looked - even so there's still no specific models so I'm still right
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
thanks again for the feedback i'll defitately check them all out after i have finished my uni work.