I'm looking at amps again and I've come a cross this
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ha-2500/69233

It looks very good, and I like the thought of the 10 band EQ

The head is 250 watts at 4 ohms and 180 watts at 8 ohms. Will that be too much for this cab on its own?
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/210-tp/69241

If it is too much, what would be a better cab to go with that head?

I want to spend around £200 on this cab, preferably 2x10.

PS, anyone have any experience with that head?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Last edited by ScottB. at Nov 24, 2008,
Both links direct to the Harkte head.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonnomainman
Both links direct to the Harkte head.

fixed
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
So long as you dont turn it up to full power, you should be alright...

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Personally I'd get a cab thats over 250 (maybe 250w~300w nothing more) watts at 4ohms as then you can have safe headroom from overpowering the cab and use the full potential of the amp and you don't end up wasting like 70 watts, which could be make or break in some cases! (maybe not THAT important :P)
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Last edited by Rywad at Nov 24, 2008,
Quote by Jonnomainman
So long as you dont turn it up to full power, you should be alright...

I think i'd be too scared when playing live to go loud.

Dont know how i missed it before but I've just found this:
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/210-xl/69237

£4 more and another 50 watts, whats the catch

Quote by Rywad
Personally I'd get a cab thats over 250 (maybe 250w~300w nothing more) watts at 4ohms as then you can have safe headroom from overpowering the cab and use the full potential of the amp and you don't end up wasting like 70 watts, which could be make or break in some cases! (maybe not THAT important :P)

I would do that, but my drummer(whose house I practice at) doesnt want me to keep bringing in a massive 4x10 cabinet every time we practice.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Lemme have a look and see what I can find how much you willing to spend on a cab? Like £200/250?

But I have to say, if your gonna be running a 200 watt cab I'd go 8ohms as then the cab wouldn't be overloaded.

EDIT: mmm £15 more can get you this

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/wca-211-pro/12510

or if you feel like springing a lot of money and investing for the future...

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/1518c/68716
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Last edited by Rywad at Nov 24, 2008,
Quote by ScottB.
I would do that, but my drummer(whose house I practice at) doesnt want me to keep bringing in a massive 4x10 cabinet every time we practice.

I dunno, that doesn't seem like very good reasoning =\ (not sure what exactly his reasoning is for not wanting a 4x10") ...4x10" cabs are better than 2x10" cabs in basically every way (besides the extra weight and cost). Most 4x10" cabs aren't that huge of a pain to carry, and if he's worried that it would be too loud, you can always turn down.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for an hour.
If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.
Quote by DJbonedog
I dunno, that doesn't seem like very good reasoning =\ (not sure what exactly his reasoning is for not wanting a 4x10") ...4x10" cabs are better than 2x10" cabs in basically every way (besides the extra weight and cost). Most 4x10" cabs aren't that huge of a pain to carry, and if he's worried that it would be too loud, you can always turn down.

4x10's are considerably heavier and bigger than 2x10's and personally I'd take a 2x10 & a 1x15 over a 4x10! Plus there more expensive. And its a perfectly good reason, I wouldn't be able to transport a 4x10 around as there pretty big! And y'know getting to a gig is kinda more important than having a massive cab. Getting my combo and my cab to a gig is pushing it sometimes, but often I'll base what I need on the size of the venue, and how I have to get there! But yeah, it's a good reason to get a smaller cab.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

A 210 and a 115 together would take up more space than a 410, and I personally prefer the sound of a 410. They're generally not terribly heavy either, so ease of carrying isn't a big issue.

Just nitpicking. A 210 or a 115 is sometimes the best solution for people who do a LOT of moving around.
Quote by Rywad
4x10's are considerably heavier and bigger than 2x10's and personally I'd take a 2x10 & a 1x15 over a 4x10! Plus there more expensive. And its a perfectly good reason, I wouldn't be able to transport a 4x10 around as there pretty big! And y'know getting to a gig is kinda more important than having a massive cab. Getting my combo and my cab to a gig is pushing it sometimes, but often I'll base what I need on the size of the venue, and how I have to get there! But yeah, it's a good reason to get a smaller cab.

Thanks.
And yeah i'll be getting a 1x15 sometime in the future.

Would the Warwick cab Rywad posted be any better or more practical than the second Hartke one I posted?

Also does anyone have any views on the head i picked?
Quote by guitarhero_764

I just had a quick look and the Warwick cab has a tweeter which would probably help, I guess that's part of the extra £15 but it could have a completely different sound to what your after, I'd probably go with trying one out first.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Im the only one who evreytime i see an 8x10 am always dissapointed by its size. I know this hasnt gotm anything to do with the tghread. A 4 x10 is bigger yes but they arent that heavy and they generally give you a better all around sound. If i folded down the back seats in my mums car i could transport two 8x10s and that car isnt that big. Sorry for that.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Im the only one who evreytime i see an 8x10 am always dissapointed by its size. I know this hasnt gotm anything to do with the tghread. A 4 x10 is bigger yes but they arent that heavy and they generally give you a better all around sound. If i folded down the back seats in my mums car i could transport two 8x10s and that car isnt that big. Sorry for that.

Damn you and your mums car! :P I think my view on the 1x15 and 2x10 might be slightly biased due to me having it. In reality its a right arse to get to places and sometimes I give up and just take my combo as really... Who can be arsed with carrying two near 30kg things just for one gig that has PA? I think I'm just lazy and impractical!
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Either of those cabs would do just fine. The Warwick will probably have better sound by itself, but you said you're getting a 15 so that doesn't matter as much. The Hartke will be easier to transport and is probably what I would go with.

As for the head, it looks to have plenty of features and a pretty versatile preamp, I think you'll like it. Hartkes are usually fairly modern sounding, but still quite warm, similar to the old Acoustic stuff. Their first artist endorsement was Jaco, if that says anything.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Nov 24, 2008,
I've already given my reasoning for wanting a 2x10.
One, drummer doesnt think 410 will fit in his room with everybody else in it, two theyre more expensive and it will be money that I dont have. Another thing is transport, my mama works weekdays so I can't get lifts to practices, sometimes I'll get a lift with my guitarist, who either gets a lift in a small 4 seater convertible or a Ford Ka, something tells me a 410 wont fit in a Ford Ka when you think about the other people in the car, plus guitars, amps, basses.

Also when I get another cab(115) I'd like to be able to keep one cab at minne and the other at my drummers, and take the cab inbetween the two places, and take them both out when we play live. If I got a 410 and a 115 not only would I have the transport troubles but 410s and a 15 would be a bit overkill against a drummer and a 60 watt guitar amp with a 12 inch speaker.

Quote by Mutant Corn
TS, The Warwick cab is great. It's designed so that you can use it on its own (big box, ports), so it'll be good for practice, and when you get your 15" you'll have a nice loud rig.

As for the head, it looks to have plenty of features and a pretty versatile preamp, I think you'll like it. Hartkes are usually fairly modern sounding, but still quite warm, similar to the old Acoustic stuff. Their first artist endorsement was Jaco, if that says anything.

Yeah I'll definitely try to get that if I have enough money, looks like a really good cab, thanks for the help.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Last edited by ScottB. at Nov 24, 2008,
Yay! Another happy bassist thanks to the bass forum!
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab