So theres a Peavey Valveking 112 combo in our practice space.I tried it a lot of times.The clean channel is realy nice i like it.But the drive channel is weird.It lacks high's.Its so muffled,i tried to turn the highs all the way up,but it didnt change alot.Its so full of mids and lacks high frequencies.Maybe there are some way to get a more scooped mid sound out of it?Maybe theres a control i missed?
One of the things I do, it kills your gain though (I play low gain stuff) is put the gain on 1 and use the boost switch. Adds a nice treble jangle to the top end. it's a 112 so it doens't have the damping knobs unfortunately.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I'm interested in purchasing a 112. It's going to be my dorm room and gigging amp. I play lots of alt, metal, and some clean jazz too. Would this be a fitting amp?
Quote by Kevy Absolution
I'm interested in purchasing a 112. It's going to be my dorm room and gigging amp. I play lots of alt, metal, and some clean jazz too. Would this be a fitting amp?

It'll do alt and jazz fine but the metal might be problematic in a dorm... for gigs, though, you should be fine if it's thrash you're playing.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??