Okay, im looking at that amp. A few questions:
#1: Is it good for Technical/Melodic Death Metal and does it have a good clean tone??
#2: Will EMG 81 (Bridge) and 85 (Neck) go well with it?
#3: Is it loud enough to gig???
#4: Will it sound any different then the half-stack versoin with an Engl cab???
well IMO a 2x12 or 4x12 sounds more full and a little more bassy (if closed back) So if you want a shiz load of bass response you should probably go with that.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Thunder = Rock amp
You want a screamer for teh metal, or a fireball if you can afford one. The screamer is more vesatile but the fireball is better for metal (but it's pretty much all it can do...).

I would take a look at the bugera 6262, as it's pretty much a 5150/6505 but cheaper!
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by Vandals572
well IMO a 2x12 or 4x12 sounds more full and a little more bassy (if closed back) So if you want a shiz load of bass response you should probably go with that.

+1. try out the combo and then try the half stack, they are both plenty loud

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
It has more of a rock voicing, although there is a LOT of gain on tap.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.