Looking for some suggestions I want a combo amp with a great tone (preferably tube but I'm open for suggestions) that has a nice tight overdrive. I play anything from soft rock, hard rock, classic rock and metal. Any suggestions to what I should get. I went to GC yesterday and sadly enough the line 6 212 valve sounded the best for my budget, but I'm sure there are better amps for the money. Suggestions of what brands I should look into? Thanks.

Edit: Oh and I really don't care if its really loud or not, just as long as it has killer tone.
Mesa Boogie or Carvin is my suggestion. They both make ridiculously good sounding amplifiers.
are you playing gigs?

i like marshall or peavey though depending on what you want.

im thinking about getting a classic 30 from peavey but if your playing gigs 30 maybe a little small.
you can get a used marshall jcm 800 easily within your budget.

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

i tried the jcm, didn't really like it. I would love the mesa but they really are out of my price range. I'll check out the carvin. As far as the peavy goes I really didn't like it. 30 watts would be fine by me. I'm just looking for something that sounds really good for that price, if I need the power I'll mic it or something. I figure If i get something huge for that price its not going to sound really good, nor do I really need it.
How about Orange?

EDIT: you could probably find a Mesa Mark series in the that range.
were the hell can I find an orange in my area? i'll keep an eye out for them. As for the Mark Series are they any good?
Quote by ubtguitarist
As for the Mark Series are they any good?

Extremely versatile amps; they were Mesa's flagship amp until the introduction of the Rectifier series. I prefer the sound of the Mark IV to the Triple Rectifier; I just hope the Mark V will be even better.

For that price you can probably get a used Mark III. Also check out Peavey XXX, JSX and 6505+.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Oh dude this sucks.

Your either at the high range of the medium quality to good quality amps, or at the very bottom of the extreme amps.

Like you're scraping at the heels of deizels and h&ks and engls.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
Oh dude this sucks.

Your either at the high range of the medium quality to good quality amps, or at the very bottom of the extreme amps.

Like you're scraping at the heels of deizels and h&ks and engls.

I guess i'll just curl into a ball and cry.

On a serious note how much do those cost. I could probably save up for a while then but I kinda want a good amp now.... I have to play on a spider II that I borrowed and its terrible.

Keep the suggestions coming
Last edited by ubtguitarist at Nov 24, 2008,
Dude, im selling my ad30 head and 1x12 cab. I can send its yours, $1100 shiped. Check out pics in my profile
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
Quote by pinksalmon
Dude, im selling my ad30 head and 1x12 cab. I can send its yours, $1100 shiped. Check out pics in my profile

I've never even tried an orange before so no thanks, and I would rather get a combo.
I'm selling my Carvin V3 combo for $800 with the footswitch if you happen to be coming down to the West Palm Beach Area anytime soon???
if you can find a used bogner in your area i'd recommend the shiva or the ectasy.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by TubeAmpGuy
check out a Traynor YCS50. Very versatile and good sounding amp.

+1
I was gonna come in and say the exact same thing. I picked my amp based on almost identical criteria (1000 dollars Canadian budget, Play soft and hard rock little bit of classic, wanted a combo big enough to gig with, small enough to use at home)
I suggest you give it a play too, if you can find one in your area.

Also, the store employee told me the warranty even covers throwing it at my bassist.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by TubeAmpGuy
check out a Traynor YCS50. Very versatile and good sounding amp.

+1 <3 Traynor