Poll: Yay or Nay
Poll Options
View poll results: Yay or Nay
I'd get it no matter what the price.
5 8%
I'd get it (as long as the value of the guitar was more)
11 18%
I'd get it if it came really cheap/free with a guitar or by itself
23 37%
I wouldn't want it at all. I'd stick with my Original Floyd
8 13%
Don't like Floyds anyway
15 24%
Voters: 62.
Ok, so last year Gibson came out with the robot guitar, the one with the self-tuning robot thing in it, and now they have another one coming on called the DarkFire. And it seems that The Pit thought that a self-tuning fixed bridge with an unlocked nut seemed close to pointless. But I was wondering, would the pit pay that type of money (assuming the value of the guitar is between $1000 - $1500, the robot system alone would cost between $500 and $1000) for a self tuning Floyd Rose bridge? Something that would automatically unlock the nut, while adjusting the springs and tuners at the same time until you had a perfectly set up Floyd, able to change tunings while still maintaining the ability to divebomb? I would, because I've been getting pissed with my blocked Floyd lately, and was thinking about how awesome it would be if Floyd Rose made a self tuning tremolo. Poll coming.

Notice: I know nothing of this kind exists (or at least I don't think so), I just thought it would be an awesome invention.

EDIT: Had to delete the other thread cause I forgot some poll options.
Thanks for deleting the other thread just as I click 'Post'...

But seriously, Fender have the VG Strat, Gibson have the Robots, if Floyd Rose had the Self-setting tremolo, there would be absolutely no point in new electric guitarists learning how to tune a guitar. It would be useful, but after you've done it a few times, getting up a Floyd Rose isn't that difficult, and it doesn't take that long - it's only like when you restring your first guitar the first two or three times, you get so used to it you could almost do it with your eyes closed.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by jaffawoman
Thanks for deleting the other thread just as I click 'Post'...

But seriously, Fender have the VG Strat, Gibson have the Robots, if Floyd Rose had the Self-setting tremolo, there would be absolutely no point in new electric guitarists learning how to tune a guitar. It would be useful, but after you've done it a few times, getting up a Floyd Rose isn't that difficult, and it doesn't take that long - it's only like when you restring your first guitar the first two or three times, you get so used to it you could almost do it with your eyes closed.

+1
It's easy to get used to, after about 6 months with my RR3 I could re-string and completely set up a FR in less than half an hour
ohai little sig.
if it worked itd be a good idea, but 1)there would be NO sustain whatsoever on that guitar 2)too many parts=too many things that can go wrong
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
the VG strat doesnt tune itself.....does it? I thought it just had a built in tuner

(this is in response to the 2nd post)
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

I wouldn't want to get a Floyd Rose again anyway. I had one, and I didn't think it was worth the extra hassle.

And if I played a style that made a Floyd Rose worth having, I'm not sure I would trust the machine to do it anyway.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
I would pay to have it SET ITSELF UP, not for it to tune itself.

I can tune just fine thank you, setting up on the other hand...

*throws guitar through wall*

Is a ****ing pain in the ass.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Fleabag
I wouldn't want to get a Floyd Rose again anyway. I had one, and I didn't think it was worth the extra hassle.

And if I played a style that made a Floyd Rose worth having, I'm not sure I would trust the machine to do it anyway.

I have never had a problem with mine, stays tuned forever, no matter how I abuse it. Wouldn't get a guitar without one.
As for autotune, its what all guitars will have in 20 years.
Last edited by Tempoe at Nov 24, 2008,
Quote by kaosfire
the VG strat doesnt tune itself.....does it? I thought it just had a built in tuner

(this is in response to the 2nd post)

It digitally tunes it to whatever tuning you like. Doesn't physically tune it (which is why Gibson have the advantage), but it does tune it through the Roland strip-pickup-thingy, which means you can go from standard to drop-C instantly.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by Tempoe
I have never had a problem with mine, stays tuned forever, no matter how I abuse it. Wouldn't get a guitar without one.
As for autotune, its what all guitars will have in 20 years.

This honestly depresses me.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
I would much rather have a Floyd Rose with a built in beverage holder.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X