lets cut to the chase

Ibanez RG350DX (guitar)
I hear this guitar has a fast neck which im hoping it means its easy to nail those frets with ease, will this help different playing styles? as i progress i shall be trying out different playing styles

Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Amp) (Dah nah and the review was born! http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zTc8wydJOMo )

the presets on this amp sound great! i shall be playing metal and other styles of genre using this feature. i will be playing in my bedroom most of the time but once i get this me and my freind are thinking of trying to start a band (just to see if we can and if its possible in the small town we live in)

as for the advice and help if you know somthing that i dont or have and FREINDLY advice towards my choice please shout, all in all this is going to cost me around £900 (English pounds) so your contribution will help my choice.

Thanks so much for your time it is greatly appreciated

Smart asses please read this sentance> *Havent got anything nice to say? dont.. i wont take you seriously and i shall not bother to even reply to you*
I dont know anything about either products, but according to google, the amp is around $800, and the guitar is around £300 (sorry for mixed prices)

I dont know the current exchange rate, but 900 pounds seems a bit steep?
The guitar is good, fast neck neck, nice trem, all around a good purchase. The amp is one I do not have experience with but I never liked amps with "pre-sets" I'll dial in my own tone thank you! But hey, it's all about you, If you like them, go for it!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Jay2007
I dont know anything about either products, but according to google, the amp is around $800, and the guitar is around £300 (sorry for mixed prices)

I dont know the current exchange rate, but 900 pounds seems a bit steep?

in my local guitar store the amp is about 499-600 ish and the guitars around 290

im going to be using it alot as i normally dont have alot to do most nights so it will be used!
no no, dont get those bogner line 6 things, go for a bugera, anyone u like...hell even a peaey vypyr tube would be better
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
I wanted to get a spider, but i have had many many many many people tell me not to get one. I would suggest looking into a roland cube.
thanks for the AMP help any more suggestions? thanks much again all to have replied so quickly
Ahoy!
If you are playing it a lot, would a fixed bridge guitar be more useful? So changing tunings will be a lot easier and without stress?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Ahoy!
If you are playing it a lot, would a fixed bridge guitar be more useful? So changing tunings will be a lot easier and without stress?

sorry im not too sure what you mean by that :S please reply again if not can any one else plz help out?
I'm no expert around here, but I thought spider's were highly disliked around here.
I'm looking into an Ibanez myself, I like the look and feel of them.
Although, I'm not sure if it'll give me the tone I want.
Quote by GHTransfer
I'm no expert around here, but I thought spider's were highly disliked around here.
I'm looking into an Ibanez myself, I like the look and feel of them.
Although, I'm not sure if it'll give me the tone I want.

well when i get the cash im gonna go back to shop and try them both out and see whats what, if the guitar isnt what i expected then ill leave it a while and see were i go from there. probably searching again knowing me lol
Quote by dobby240
sorry im not too sure what you mean by that :S please reply again if not can any one else plz help out?

Sorry!

Well the ibanez guitar has a double locking vibrato (floyd rose etc) and that means its a vibrato that never goes out of tune (sounds good hey?) but the flaw is that its incredibly hard to set up, and you have to unscrew a lot of things to change tuning, then set up the vibrato again.

A fixed bridge just stays still, and its a normal guitar, meaning string changes, set ups and changing tunings are a lot easier.

My personal recommendation is a fixed bridge guitar!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Sorry!

Well the ibanez guitar has a double locking vibrato (floyd rose etc) and that means its a vibrato that never goes out of tune (sounds good hey?) but the flaw is that its incredibly hard to set up, and you have to unscrew a lot of things to change tuning, then set up the vibrato again.

A fixed bridge just stays still, and its a normal guitar, meaning string changes, set ups and changing tunings are a lot easier.

My personal recommendation is a fixed bridge guitar!

Aah right thanks alot for the advice ill look into the Fixed bridge setup and the Double lock version and decide between the 2. thank you for the explanation too
OK, I usually don't post here, but I HAD to chime in. I have the spider valve, and anyone who wants to lump it in here with the other solid state spiders has no idea what they are talking about.

This is a great freakin amp. For its tonal variety, I have yet to find anything to beat it.

I pretty much ignore the presets on it and have got it down to 4 channels I use, but the variety is endless. A couple more bucks on the Strymon svpre preamp mod, some better quality tubes then the chinese ones, and I would take my amp against anything in the sub 3000 price range any day of the week.

Read the reviews on the Line6 Forums for reviews, or better yet, don't take the word of the 17 year olds around here who wouldn't know tone if it was hitting them upside the head, and go play the things, but be sure to spend some time with it
Quote by bluekanoodle
Read the reviews on the Line6 Forums for reviews, or better yet, don't take the word of the 17 year olds around here who wouldn't know tone if it was hitting them upside the head, and go play the things, but be sure to spend some time with it

i wouldn't trust the reviews on a manufactures website any more then guitarcenter.com and mf.com...

Also, imo, the spider vavle's are just novaltiy amps that you will get tired of after a while and then end up wanting an amp that can deliver. When i have played this amp (many times, trying to convince myself that it was good), i still could not justify the amp as being worth the price tag. I do have to admit that it is better then the standard Spiders, but not worth the amount your paying. Buy the time you pay $700 (?, something like that) you could have gotten an amp that deliverers and still has the versatility.
Quote by bluekanoodle
OK, I usually don't post here, but I HAD to chime in. I have the spider valve, and anyone who wants to lump it in here with the other solid state spiders has no idea what they are talking about.

This is a great freakin amp. For its tonal variety, I have yet to find anything to beat it.

I pretty much ignore the presets on it and have got it down to 4 channels I use, but the variety is endless. A couple more bucks on the Strymon svpre preamp mod, some better quality tubes then the chinese ones, and I would take my amp against anything in the sub 3000 price range any day of the week.

I agree that the spider valves are not in the same category as the SS spider 3's, but they aren't necessarily the best thing in that price range. As suggested before the ENGL would be a much better choice IMHO.
Which Is why I suggested the that the Poster try the amp out. What difference is there between the forums here and the forums there? other then a built in bias against Line 6 gear here?

If a manufacturer wanted to manipulate a forum, they could just as easily come over here and make random posts.

I dare you to find another amp in this price range that can offer the substance or the variety of tone in a 40 watt tube amp? I've played the engl, and to my ears it was ok, but nothing to write home about.

Any amp requires dialing in to get the right sound, and it is an individual preference, but my post was to give a counter argument to those who would discount this amp just because it has the word spider in its name.

This is a great amp that has gotten rave reviews around the internet, but it gets immediately slammed by people on this site more so then most. more often then not by people who have never even played the damn thing

You suggested an amp, I'd be curious to have you rationally explain why you feel that way instead of just making a blanket statement and expecting people to Kow-tow to your opinion
might i suggest an older used ibanez. the 350 is a good guitar but for the same price you can get a better quality ibanez used. check out some used 320dxs. they are the same as the 350 minus the pickguard but are of better build quality. and will be about 50-100 cheaper than a new 350. if your looking fixed bridge i suggest an older used S series SZ model. just make sure the first letter in the serial number is NOT an I!
The 350 isn't all that great - I'd steer well clear. It looks pretty but the bridge is incredibly shoddy.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by bluekanoodle
Which Is why I suggested the that the Poster try the amp out. What difference is there between the forums here and the forums there? other then a built in bias against Line 6 gear here?

If a manufacturer wanted to manipulate a forum, they could just as easily come over here and make random posts.

I dare you to find another amp in this price range that can offer the substance or the variety of tone in a 40 watt tube amp? I've played the engl, and to my ears it was ok, but nothing to write home about.

Any amp requires dialing in to get the right sound, and it is an individual preference, but my post was to give a counter argument to those who would discount this amp just because it has the word spider in its name.

This is a great amp that has gotten rave reviews around the internet, but it gets immediately slammed by people on this site more so then most. more often then not by people who have never even played the damn thing

You suggested an amp, I'd be curious to have you rationally explain why you feel that way instead of just making a blanket statement and expecting people to Kow-tow to your opinion

Thanks so much for your contribution, you'v really made my mind up i want this amp!! i knew there qwas going to be alot of people making it sound like crap but iv heard it, and iv yet to play it. but im sure the quality of it shall be amazing. thanks again