So I bought this for $100 w/ the original Guild case. Its a beautiful Guild B-301 from 1980. Everything was in awesome condition. The neck needed to be slightly adjusted, frets touched up, and fret board oiled up. The single pick up works like new.

Have a look! What do you think, got a good deal?

Last edited by Gergify at Nov 24, 2008,
wow thats an awesome looking bass, perfect condition too.
Where did you get it from?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I put a public email out in my area, and a guy offered me this! Its got three small nicks on the body, but otherwise its in perfect condition
Nice find! That's a sexy bass you got there.

edit: It has flats? How's that sound?
Nope, no sig here.
*stares at the hand drawn picture in the upper right hand corner of the top pic*
Scary.....

Awesome bass, I love it!
That looks the sex. Ive never played a guild. Whats it likes. It seems a bit of a steel.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Considering that was $100 that's a steal! I don't suppose it could be worth a bit more than $100, as sometimes fools sell things that are fairly rare for extra cheap!
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
holy ****!

NICE FIND!
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Haha, that drawing of the Uzi, was the result of a hour of boredom.

Its one heavy bass. Haven't weighed it, but its like twice as heavy as any other bass i've felt. Broke the handle off on the case for the original owner. But the bass is built like a tank.

As far as playing, it doesn't have active electronics, but it has a nice deep sound. Just got to crank it up. I haven't picked up a new Bass amp yet, so I can only report this from using other people's amps.
nice bass! I really like the body shape, idk why exactly it's just eye catching.

looks like you got it for a steal too according to this
it's not the same year as yours but i suppose that would be a close price right?
Quote by hoppusfan182
nice bass! I really like the body shape, idk why exactly it's just eye catching.

looks like you got it for a steal too according to this
it's not the same year as yours but i suppose that would be a close price right?

TS, according to that, you got it for less than 10% of the price that one will sell for. That's a hell of a deal
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
The body looks swamp ash, but it's supposed to be mahogany - either way, it's hard to go wrong with $100 on a brand name bass.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
set neck hgih end vintage instrument for $100? Sounds good to me!

I just got a late 80's squier 5 string HM bass for the equivilent of $60 US...it was a mega steal.
thats sweet. I've looked on Ebay UK for them before but they all seem to be selling fretlesses
I love stories like this. Hold on to it.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn