I'm going to jam with a few guys, if it goes well I might take a spot as the rhythm guitar player. I was asked to learn an All That Remains song of my choice (or as much of it as I can), but I don't know All That Remains. I arbitrarily picked a song called "Two Weeks."

For anyone that can answer: Have I chosen a good song? Is there a more appropriate selection? I don't want to pull the equivalent of going to a jam with Yes fans with Owner of a Lonely Heart prepared.
well, if you know it good enough, and you feel comfortable, go for it
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Play Six, its easy, im 12 and can play it. Get a guitar pro tab

EDIT: And know im not a Guitar Hero noob. BTW, Metalcore and ATR sucks.
Last edited by bulletrocks522 at Nov 24, 2008,
i don't know much All That Remains, so no recs there. they're deathcore, btw. what kind of band is it?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
If your not good at alternate tremolo picking dont learn six, id say something easy like this calling, because the rhythm guitar doesnt do much
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Do NOT play six. It will make you look like an uber newb. Learn the song Passion. Its sweet as hell
Play whatever you can play well. You obviously don't want something that makes you sound like sh*t, so pick and learn a song you can play that shows off what you have to offer.

If it were me, I'd do "The Air That I Breathe."
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by dfinch10
Do NOT play six. It will make you look like an uber newb. Learn the song Passion. Its sweet as hell

yeahz dey totallee sold owt cuz dey be on teh geetar heeros

Six is a lot of fun to play
you'll be fine with anything off of "The Fall of Ideals" though, Not Alone is another fun song
Just making sure here......this is the metal forum, right?
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Thanks for all the input so far, I appreciate the recommendations (yes, even Six). Would anyone attempt to dissuade me from learning Two Weeks?
Just listen to some and pick one you like - if you just learn the easiest I'm presuming the guys you're going to jam with will know it well enough to realise you've picked an easy one, and you want to impress them right? So just learning the easiest song you can find might kind of defeat the object... If you've already started learning your random song I'd get decent at that and then see if I had time to learn any more, then you can give them a choice
Quote by tanman
Thanks for all the input so far, I appreciate the recommendations (yes, even Six). Would anyone attempt to dissuade me from learning Two Weeks?

yes, learn something better. Like Nile.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
two weeks is a good song. Their newest single. Sweet song though.
Gear Wish list:

Gibson Custom Les Paul Left handed

ISP Decimator

Maxon OD808

Peavey 6505 Halfstack

Gear Fund: 0/6000