What are some good DI pedals?
We all know the SansAmp Bass Driver, what about others?

What I'd really like is a DI box with EQ you can make presets for. Ideally I'd have a preset for normal playing, a slap one, and a solo setting that would boost my signal. I know there's a SansAmp like that, but I really just want a completely clean tone (think John Patitucci or Jimmy Haslip) and I hear it sucks for that.
I've searched all over for something like that, anyone know of something along those lines?

So, lets talk about DI boxes
there is that new bass metaphors pedal which looks pretty cool.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
There are loads. Google bass di pedal and see what catches your eye.

A budget and tonal preferences may help the people who are more familiar with D.I. boxes than I am.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
The very basic DI boxes is all you need to feed effectivly into a mixing desk.

The programmable sansamp looks amazing for the kinda thing you want.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
It does look pretty cool. Unfortunately, distortion is a pretty big part of it like almost all of the other boxes. The only one I've really seen without distortion is the BassBone, but I've heard a lot about it sucking tone and volume.
Does your amp have a footswitchable EQ? That can be used to switch between at least two of those tones...
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Nov 24, 2008,
Quote by Sly Taco
Ummmmmmmmm...........Sansamp makes a programmable DI.

Yeah, I mention that in my first post, along with how it's supposed to be a waste of time for clean playing . Buuuut, might as well ask if anyone here owns the Sansamp- what do you think of it's clean tone (jazz/fusion style sound)?
Quote by bass_kid92
Yeah, I mention that in my first post, along with how it's supposed to be a waste of time for clean playing . Buuuut, might as well ask if anyone here owns the Sansamp- what do you think of it's clean tone (jazz/fusion style sound)?

In terms of functionality, I've only heard of the Sansamp do a programmable DI. I personally use the EBS MicroBass II. A bit pricey, but really useful for a variety of situations. I've heard people describe it as the "swiss army knife" for bassists. There's the MXR DI which is cool. Also I've been looking at the now discontinued Ampeg valve DI too.
You could get a preamp of some sort cant you?? or a graphic eq pedal if u want different clean tones.