hey guys, my friends got a loudspeaker thing like the hornish shaped thing that you see hanging from the light poles and such at football games and the like. its got a red and a black wire off of the magnet in the back. i don't know much about speakers, but what would you guys think it would take to make this useful? thanks a ton
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Sounds like a megaphone.
As it doesn't sound like a typical horn driver, you can't really do much with it in terms of music; it's mostly designed for announcemts and such.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
pic?

I might be able to help if I see the wires in question.

I'm also slightly curious as to how such a thing was obtained.

You'll probably need a big amplifier if you want to get it as loud as in stadiums, but otherwise it will probably just take a bit of soldering.
no pics, he lives like 20 miles away and i'm not sure how to upload them to UG but google imaging "horn loudspeaker" there's one similar on the bottom row second to the left.

i don't know how he got it, knowing him though, i doubt it was illegal. i figure i'd just need a powerful poweramp but finding a powerful one that you can solder straight onto would be tricky i think. also, the wires have that generic loop on the end for easy soldering i assume.

also, its not one of those hand held things that you click the button and talk into, its like a speaker. maybe a horn driver as mentioned above.

edit: yes google images look like a horn driver.
only its gigantic

what can i do with it?
Quote by Strato-Massacre

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Last edited by Lt.DanHasLegs at Nov 24, 2008,
Try getting an amplifier and just plugging the wires into that. Just sounds like a speaker.
they aren't normal 1/4 jacks though, just bare wires
Quote by Strato-Massacre

Quote by Kensai
My amplifier (for my stereo, not guitar btw) has screws to attach the speakers to. You loosen the screws, wrap the stripped wires around them, then tighten them again.

You could try soldering them to a 1/4 inch connector but I don't know how well that would work.