So when I tremolo pick whether its repeated notes and triplets of whatever,

how do I use my picking hand?
Do I relax it and just kind of flick it at tempo?
Or, do I tighten my muscles up and put more "control" in my hand?
Also, any other tips to learn this technique?
How to hold the pick?
Does it take a lot of time or am I just learning it a little slower than usual?

Anything else you feel is important?

Thanks in advance
i don't know if i do it properly since i'm self taught, but it depends for me, sometimes i hold my hand stiff and tight, sometimes i keep it loose, just whatever's easier. I usually do tighten up on the pick for it though.
Keep your hand muscle loose and pick closer to the bridge. Start out slowly and keep doing it until it feels like you have control over it. Start out with 8th notes, then 16th then 32nd.
If you tighten your muscles, you'll start up faster but will lose some control and your maximum potential speed.

If you relax if, you start up slower but will gain much more control and speed though many hours of practice.

You choose.

Also slanting the pick very slightly at an angle helps a bit.
Nothing is easier than hammering away on one note. Practice tremolo picking one note slowly, gradually moving up to fast and then slow down again then speed up again. This will develope feel for the technique and tempo. Once you have that down and feel comfortable, practice tremolo picking some chromatic runs or scales. This will also help your alternate picking improve.
I would say rest our palm on the bridge to assure there is no elbow movement. Then keep the movement in your fingers and wrist consistent and under control
Quote by Nike-Man
I would say rest our palm on the bridge to assure there is no elbow movement. Then keep the movement in your fingers and wrist consistent and under control

I used to do that. It was a pain to remove that habit but I'm so glad I did.

I guess you can do it, but similar to my last post, it kinda tightens your wrist. Sure, you could rest it on the bridge but if you want to increase you maximum potential speed, I'd advise against it. Same thing applys to anchoring your pinky and resting your arm against the guitar-- you can have the pinky on the guitar, as long as it's not applying pressure to it. Same with your arm- most people rest their arm against it anyways but make sure it's just touching freely.