hey i just got apmplitube metal. but what are the best ways and most cheapest to hook it up to my guitar cuz right now i just have a 1/4 to 1/8 cable to my sound card . but it sounds horrible .
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard
Limited edition Schecter omen 7
Custom RR V with emgs 81/85,24 frets and floyd.

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
The real deal not the demo i have both the metal and the amplitube 2
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
is there a solution ?
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
for god's sake im merely asking how to hook up the guitar to the damn pc so i can test the software sheesh im not into using pirated software forever
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
Quote by airslashfury
hey i just got apmplitube metal. but what are the best ways and most cheapest to hook it up to my guitar cuz right now i just have a 1/4 to 1/8 cable to my sound card . but it sounds horrible .

You could get a basic interface like a Line 6 GX (it comes with amp models too), Lightsnake (the cheapest option), or M Audio Fasttrack (microphone input) that can input a clean guitar signal in. If you have a good sound card, you could also get a DI box and use its output.

Seriously though, it's best to get a demo of a software instead of pirating it to see if it works first. At least then you can get support if it's an issue directly related to the software (which it may be too).
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Nov 25, 2008,
Quote by airslashfury
for god's sake im merely asking how to hook up the guitar to the damn pc so i can test the software sheesh im not into using pirated software forever

You figured out how to steal it...now figure out how to use it.
man i wish you could see my room so you could see the tons of software i legaly own and for reference i get the pirated version cuz it has no limitation so i really what the software is like
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
I got a copy of amplitube with my purchase of an mbox mini interface, and i can never get it to sound right. It has tons of static and sounds nothing like what I hear from other people's recordings. Any idea what could be causing these issues?
The stealth plug is kinda ridicoulous is bout 100 bucks for a lame plug and im talking bout just the plug without software. we need cheap alternatives
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
Quote by airslashfury
The stealth plug is kinda ridicoulous is bout 100 bucks for a lame plug and im talking bout just the plug without software. we need cheap alternatives

I don't know where you are looking but I got mine for £35 which is about $70, plus these things tend to be cheaper in US. I assume that is where you are from.

In comparison Toneport is about £65. I can't think if a usb to guitar interface that is more budget a decent than Stealthplug.
Also it does come with software: Tracktion (very good) Amplitube Live 2 and some other stuff I've not installed.
has anybody have tried hooking the guitar directly to the sound card does it work ? and yes i live in the usa in puerto rico wich sucks cuz theres o music stores around for hundreds of miles
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
can i use a mixer instead of an amp ? no ttalking bout software now
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
?.
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
It'll work, but it'll sound like crap. And mixers won't do anything to the sound quality...especially if it doesn't accept instrument levels like the Mackie 402/802 or the Soundcraft Compacts. Just get the Lightsnake, Stealthplug, or a full on interface.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
i hace a pa6fx from crate . but im going to buy a micro cube for my birthday DEC 7 . and maybe the light snake too or the behringer interface . wither way im going to get a decent amp any hints ?
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
anybody ?
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
>?
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :