Anyone seen this movie? I've just rewatched this old classic, which will be my second time. The last time I watched this movie was in very short glimpses when I was young but I didn't watch it fully.
This time, it meant sometime to me that I can't explain, especially the second story of events. If you ever get the chance to watch it, please do.

Amazing movie. It's rated Top 100 movies of all time by TIME magazine.

Quote by Wikipedia
The movie comprises two different stories, told one after the other, each about a romance involving a policeman. Aside for a brief moment when the first story ends and the second begins, the two stories do not interconnect. However, the three main characters from the second story each momentarily appears during the first.

First Story
The first story concerns Taiwan-born cop He Qiwu, also known as Cop 223 (played by Kaneshiro). Qiwu's girlfriend May broke up with him on April 1st (April Fool's Day). His birthday is May 1 and he chooses to wait for May for a month before moving on. Every day he buys a tin of pineapple with an expiration date of May 1. By the end of this time, he feels that he will either be rejoined with his love or that it will have expired forever.

Second Story
In the second story, the unnamed Cop 663 (played by Tony Leung) is similarly dealing with a breakup, this time from a flight attendant (Valerie Chow). He meets Faye, the new girl at the snack bar (played by Faye Wong). She falls for him in secret, and frequently breaks into his apartment during the day to redecorate and "improve" his living situation. Gradually, her ploys help Cop 663 to cheer up, and he eventually realises that Faye likes him and arranges a date at the restaurant 'California'.

It's not a Chick-Flick for sure but you have to watch it to fully appreciate it. It's just one of these movies which, after having watched, really understand the complexities of fate?...no, not fate...perhaps life's great gift of convenience? It's a movie which really illustrates a life of broken-hearted person, living and talking to himself while totally sane.

Trailer

Clip with English Subtitles

Quentin on Chungking Express

It's instores in all good retail stores such as HMV etc. It was an international hit but being from Asia, I'm not sure if it's had all it deserves. The movie itself, was actually made in 1996 so it's quite old but it's definitely available on DVD. This movie, along with Infernal Affairs (of which the Departed was a remake of Infernal Affairs) is probably the best known movie in Asia.

I hope you find the time to watch it.

It's really strange but they've now been doing this for Media Studies A-Level and at University level whereas I just remember as a normal film. The filmography is way ahead of its time.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Dec 12, 2009,
Hey, whats it about? i remember the name, im sure ive seen part of it, but never actually the whole thing, or much at all

EDIT: Sorry, my internets really slow, and your post didnt load.
Last edited by Artemisery at Nov 24, 2008,
Quote by Artemisery
Hey, whats it about? i remember the name, im sure ive seen part of it, but never actually the whole thing, or much at all

EDIT: Sorry, my internets really slow, and your post didnt load.

Watch it again, you'll appreciate it fully. It's just one of those movies that you feel really lifted by as if you're finally content with life.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤