i gota roland cube 60w expecting it to be AWESOME, but the distortion on it actually sucks ****!! does any1 else have one because i cant geta real good crunch sound even up at high volume... looks like im shellin out fora pedal
Quote by timi_hendrix
This is why you try the amp before you buy it.

Can not agree more.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Wait....

If you don't like it why do you have a on the Cube in your sig?

EDIT: Actually it's a full out grin.
Weekend Warrior
lol well i was happy with it until i wanted to play sabbath and pantera...
A: The "Classic" profile is the one you don't use, it's crap.
B: So is the "Metal"; for that, use the R-fier
C: EQ Quirks. Fiddle with the treble, mids and bass a bit.

My school has a Cube and it's ace for anything. The idea is, turn up the gain on the lower ones or down the gain on the higher ones if you want a classic-ish sound.
i agree ^

the Vypyr is much better than the Cubes. (i have owned a Cube)
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Use the R-Fier for metal, don't even bother with Classic or Metal Stack. (I have a 30X.)

Also, I EQ the treble about halfway, and the bass and mids up to about a quarter. Varies from song to song / band to band I play though.
I think the classic stack is one of the best sounding models on the Cube. But since I own a micro cube, theres limited EQ adjustment. I think the R-fier model is way to scooped and fizzy.
Quote by Demonn
i gota roland cube 60w expecting it to be AWESOME, but the distortion on it actually sucks ****!! does any1 else have one because i cant geta real good crunch sound even up at high volume... looks like im shellin out fora pedal

There's your problem. Turning up the volume on a solid state does not equal more crunch