I've heard good things about some ESP-LTD models. But when I've tried them at a store, like the Viper-400, they just feel too light and front-heavy. Of course everyone has their own preferences, but why do you like light guitars? There has to be some advantage I've missed...
i dont really like super light guitar's either. i cant stand when the headstock drops to the floor on a guitar.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Because they don't hurt my back when I use them at gigs for extended periods of time.

My Les Paul is chambered and it's still pretty heavy.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
anything that is neck heavy is just unplayable for me. that's why i like strats. you can run and jump around.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Well, duh. Have you ever tried to play an hour long gig in a hot sweaty club with a Les Paul slung over your shoulder?
Neck divve is only really an issue when it's major, like, double-expanding truss rod major.
So hatebreeder and rock pig, are there more good sides than just saving your back? Because I was thinking maybe you also develop a lighter style with a lighter guitar. As too much motion would make the guitar move too. I notice that my current (normal weight) Jackson starts swinging when I use too much force with my wrist. And perhaps a light guitar would force you to play lighter? That would be a good thing. The problem is I have to test a guitar for a bit longer than in a shop to find out.
When you start debating it that much you're getting obtuse; it's really not that important. If you have a strong back, you won't mind a Les Paul. Simple as that.
Quote by finnepower
So hatebreeder and rock pig, are there more good sides than just saving your back? Because I was thinking maybe you also develop a lighter style with a lighter guitar. As too much motion would make the guitar move too. I notice that my current (normal weight) Jackson starts swinging when I use too much force with my wrist. And perhaps a light guitar would force you to play lighter? That would be a good thing. The problem is I have to test a guitar for a bit longer than in a shop to find out.

Having a light guitar isn't going to make you play lighter. You just learn to play lighter.

Heavier guitars tend to be heavy on the low-mids and will get muddy (I'm looking at you, mahogany guitars).

I'm not trying to prove my manliness. I play light.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Some people prefer their guitars to be lighter because it gives them better tone (i.e. SoloDallas on YouTube) whereas others believe the heavier the guitar, the better the tone. Really, it's all preference. Some carbon-fiber guitars made by Parker are known for amazing tone and sustain while being extraordinarily light (4 lbs.)
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by gnaraaron
i dont really like super light guitar's either. i cant stand when the headstock drops to the floor on a guitar.

i wouldnt call that a super light guitar, id call that an unbalanced one(like my epi sg)

parker fly would be a super light guitar
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I prefer heavier guitars, like Les Pauls. They just feel more comfortable.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
you can do more things with it when you play live, heavy ones hurt your back in the long run (or even short run), and, to me, heavy guitars just don't feel right. don't get one that is too light though because that could mean it is made out of cheap woad.
Yeah, i find uncomfortableness with heavy guitars can be fixed with a really wide, comfortable strap. The only problem is the sound can be quite bassy and muddy, though Les Paul style guitars have the maple cap to balance that out. Also the sustain is godly
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
its kinda strange that my ibanez rg (basswood) is heavier than my prs custom 22 (mahogany).