my tone and volume knobs on my guitar were loose...like they broke loose from whatever holds them firm to the guitar

i tried fixing the problem by doing what i now realize was kindof adumb idea

i tried to superglue them from the inside...it worked...they stay now....but...

now when i turn the knobs they make a crackling sound through the amp....which is no good for me cuz i like to mess with them turning them up and down during playing.

i just wanted to know if there is any way to fix this or am i just gonna be stuck with this crap forever now

also if i cant do it myself does anyone know what it would cost to get it fixed

thanks alot UGer's!!
Hell, the only thing I ever change on my guitar is the volume nob. I leave the tone to a 10. Turn the volume all the way down only when I'm not playing, it stops the buzzing from the amp. I'm sure this isn't going to help you get it fixed, just stating what I do.

Check to see if a wire is loose, I had a similar problem, just to the cord input on my guitar. I thought there was a shortage in my cord, but to make sure, I took the guitar apart and realized that it was a loosened wire. Bought a 50 cent roll of electrical tape, and the problem was solved.
You should have just tightened the nuts under the knobs. Now, if I'm understanding this scenarion correctly you glued the pot inside the control cavity to the wood with crazy glue. . .
Sounds like you got glue in 'em which isn't surprising. You will prob need new pots. You'll need to solder them. . . well get somebody to do it for ya.

'86 Carvin V220
'92 Carvin DC135c
'06 Fender Strat MIM w/Carvin AP11's
'08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone LTD ED. SG w/EMG 81/85
Schecter Damien FR
'08 Ibanez Prestige RG2610E
'04 Carvin CT4M
'91 Jackson Professional Stealth Pro

Smooth move!
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
what type of guitar?

like said, you were supposed to take off the plastic caps, and tighten the nut holding the stems tight.

ungle them, look in the trem cavity, find the wires that ripped off, with all the spinning, solder them, tighten the nut holding the pots and return the caps to the stems.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the wires are fine i made sure of that.....and i tried taking the caps off it wasnt happening haha

how much could it cost to have someone fix it up if they even can?
some caps have a tiny screw hole on the side, locking them on.

some are tough and need to be Pulled off. you can do this by wedging a thin sock under the cap and pulling it up and off like a lsing shot.

and a wire is probably loose, or i guess maybe the glue got into a pot at this point, cant tell.

but they might charge you $10 per pot part. and then maybe $20 per on labor.
add another $20 or so if you go to a guitar center.

or if you can solder you can swap out the pots yourself.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
anybody that would super glue a pot to a guitar has no business working on it. take it to someone to fix.
Quote by jymellis
anybody that would super glue a pot to a guitar has no business working on it. take it to someone to fix.

yes yes i know i already slapped myself for this