Okay, ive been looking for a new amp. Ive been looking at tube combos, but I dont mind buying a good solid state HEAD. I play TSOP era Death, but I dont want his tone. I need a Jazzy clean, and good sustainful leads, and I need a very powerful high gain rhythm tone with some high mids like Decapitated's Nihillty era tone. Ive been looking at the B52 AT-112/ST-6012, the Randall RG50TC, the Randall RH150G3 Plus, the Bugera 6262 212, and the Peavey Valveking 212 alil. My price range is no more (exept for a few rare occasions) then $600.00. Vote in the poll, and if you give me more options, ill add them to the poll. Thanks!!!
really brother there is no need to get a 212 valveking. The 112 has all the power you'll need unless your doing huge gigs w/o a pa system.

My recommendation can only come from that which I know. I bought a used 112 valveking for 250 and switched out the speaker for a vintage 30 and I will never look back. In fact I believe it will take me many years to outgrow the upgraded amp.
u could probably get a used 5150 head or something similar for that price, if ur talking usd i mean. i got a used peavey xxx head for 600 us.
the valveking might not have enough gain for your needs but a used 6505 or xxx would be a good choice, if you get a bugera be sure to check it out before you buy, ive herd a few storys about people getting lemons but thats expected from a new company
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I dont really want the Valveking, and I dont want a used amp. Any other suggestions?

EDIT: The Bugera sounds bad too, so dont suggest it.
Last edited by bulletrocks522 at Nov 24, 2008,
Quote by merriman44
really brother there is no need to get a 212 valveking. The 112 has all the power you'll need unless your doing huge gigs w/o a pa system.

My recommendation can only come from that which I know. I bought a used 112 valveking for 250 and switched out the speaker for a vintage 30 and I will never look back. In fact I believe it will take me many years to outgrow the upgraded amp.

Can you parrots stop repeating that same idiotic line?

With a $600 budget tube combo is the way to go.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
VK212 can most definitely do metal stock, but doesn't shine until the speakers are swapped.

The other amps can do metal with ease, however. The amps you've listed are pretty much "it" for metal in that price range so I wouldn't expect any other suggestions.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Most Randall amps would do well too.
Quote by Ralbert07
Get a sledgehammer and you can do the rest yourself. Sledgehammers solve everything.

Buy me an amp and I will marry you
Quote by bulletrocks522
I dont really want the Valveking, and I dont want a used amp. Any other suggestions?

EDIT: The Bugera sounds bad too, so dont suggest it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_MUWSiPRiM

How does that sound bad?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Can you parrots stop repeating that same idiotic line?

With a $600 budget tube combo is the way to go.

Why is he parroting? He frickin owns a 50 watt 1x12 tube combo. He made a very good suggestion.

Your suggestion was to get a tube combo, but that's it.

TS - I'm confused, you mention the VK and Bugera in your OP and then tell people not to recommend that. I don't see your poll either.

Someone else already mentioned it but there are not a lot of amps to look at in your price range if you are going to limit yourself to new. At least entertain us and go check craigslist anyway.