hokay,

so as a few people know im slowly starting the process of building a guitar and i have plans for the solidbody electric guitar that i ordered off of stewmac.com.

how hard would it be to just slightly modify the plans into a 7 string?

im just assuming you'd have to compensate for the extra width in the neck, pickps and bridge. is there any more to it than that?
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
not really, maybe a different truss rod, not sure though. Also the wiring might be different.
Smart Pothead and Proud
im planning on buying a pre-made neck. and the wiring cant be that different,
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
The neck would be wider and since your going with a prebuilt neck you should be fine. Just use the right templates for the pickups and bridge.
No difference besides what you listed. Seven strings don't have specially wired pickups. Nor do they have special truss rods.

As long as you're comfortable carving out the heel a bit on the body it should work fine
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
sweet, cause ive played 7 strings before, and i loved them. and instead of paying like 700 dollars for the one i wanted (it was the shecter with the mother of pearl binding, thruneck) i figured id just make one, and one that im more connected with personally.

however, do i have to angle the neck pocket at all? or is that based on the neck?
Quote by Øttər
Depends on the neck, bridge and desired action

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man