My life is a meaningless series of boring events between music and alcohol.

Page 1 of 3
Help me, pit. I am at a quandary.

Here's the deal. I'm currently at college studying a dead end course I have no interest in whatsoever. It has no prospects, I am not going to university, and overall cannot be bothered to take this shitfest that is the educational system much longer.

At this point in my life, I am so bored and depressed, a full time position at McDonalds is more desirable. My question to you is thus: Do I drop the fuck out again? Is it worth spending another 6 months in boredom and depression just for a worthless "qualification" I will do nothing with? What I really want in life is a small room in which I can make music. That is all. I may not be ambitious, but with even the most meagre earnings, I could be happy.

TL;DR- Pit, make my major life decisions for me, I'm too drunk to do it myself. P.S- Don't tell me to persevere with college, it ain't gonna fucking happen.
You have the pit, and you're still bored? Go to /b/! Go to a local nightclub! Get laid! Do SOMETHING!
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Get a job and work up to affording that room?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Fred1000000
You have the pit, and you're still bored? Go to /b/! Go to a local nightclub! Get laid! Do SOMETHING!

I've been out at the pub all night, I have been on 4chan all day, when I should have been at college. I feel empty.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Get a job and work up to affording that room?

That's my plan. I'm just hoping it works out OK.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58

What?... Are we doing something wrong? I don't understand.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by Vermintide
I've been out at the pub all night, I have been on 4chan all day, when I should have been at college. I feel empty.

Then if you think you need to drop out, do so. Get an O.K. job that pays, and you can live a happy life as a bachelor with a nice music collection and maybe an extensive video game collection. And become a stud, that always helps.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Well honestly if you hate what your studying then why not choose something else? people change their majors all the time throughout college hell I know someone whos changed her major like 5 times since shes been in college.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Jackal58

Amen!
start smokin pot
Gear:

Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special /w EMGs
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960 B Cab

Check out my band...

Quote by Vermintide
Help me, pit. I am at a quandary.

Here's the deal. I'm currently at college studying a dead end course I have no interest in whatsoever. It has no prospects, I am not going to university, and overall cannot be bothered to take this shitfest that is the educational system much longer.

At this point in my life, I am so bored and depressed, a full time position at McDonalds is more desirable. My question to you is thus: Do I drop the fuck out again? Is it worth spending another 6 months in boredom and depression just for a worthless "qualification" I will do nothing with? What I really want in life is a small room in which I can make music. That is all. I may not be ambitious, but with even the most meagre earnings, I could be happy.

TL;DR- Pit, make my major life decisions for me, I'm too drunk to do it myself. P.S- Don't tell me to persevere with college, it ain't gonna fucking happen.

Stay with college. May as well finish and have better options that if you drop out.
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
What?... Are we doing something wrong? I don't understand.

The vast majority of time you spend on this planet is boring. Doing things you don't want to. Spending time with people you don't want to. Being in places you don't want to be. Waiting for the next opportunity to make wondrous noise and drink a beer with your friends.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
are there no hot chicks at your college? find yourself a nice woooman. Studying music or something related is good man. I'm 22 and just realised what I want to do, take carpentry and build guitars/basses
Quote by Fred1000000
Then if you think you need to drop out, do so. Get an O.K. job that pays, and you can live a happy life as a bachelor with a nice music collection and maybe an extensive video game collection. And become a stud, that always helps.

This.
Quote by Jackal58
The vast majority of time you spend on this planet is boring. Doing things you don't want to. Spending time with people you don't want to. Being in places you don't want to be. Waiting for the next opportunity to make wondrous noise and drink a beer with your friends.

Ah, the voice of justice and truth.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by Jackal58

The voice of wisdom.

I don't mind the boringness, my logic is just that at least if I had a ****ty job, I'd MAKE MONEY whilst being bored; whereas college is just boredom for the sake of some hypothetical promised future.
Quote by Vermintide
The voice of wisdom.

I don't mind the boringness, my logic is just that at least if I had a ****ty job, I'd MAKE MONEY whilst being bored; whereas college is just boredom for the sake of some hypothetical promised future.

It simply becomes a question of how shitty of a job you're willing to put up with. There is the life you want to lead and the life you have to put up with to lead it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Vermintide
The voice of wisdom.

I agree with you there to an extent. I work 30 hours a week, am 2 semesters from graduating college and drink / play music during any free time I have. I don't think I'll get a better job right out of college, but I'll have the degree and all my friends making 12 bucks an hour busting ass at a welding factory won't impress me at all once I graduate and (hopefully) find a better job. So until then, I'm totally willing to work and spend all my money on gas to drive to school and food and beer.
Quote by Vermintide
The voice of wisdom.

Well only you can choose your future. You could try making connections with people so that as you move on with your degree you can have the chance to win awards and reserve yourself a spot in a place of employment.

Of course I'm just being a hypocrit becuase I should be doing this.
You only have six months left and you want to quit? Might as well finish it out and get something out of going to school, then get a ****ty job. Just drink until classes are fun, or you fall asleep in them
Quote by acoginthesystem
I agree with you there to an extent. I work 30 hours a week, am 2 semesters from graduating college and drink / play music during any free time I have. I don't think I'll get a better job right out of college, but I'll have the degree and all my friends making 12 bucks an hour busting ass at a welding factory won't impress me at all once I graduate and (hopefully) find a better job.

If you've already started trying to impress people you've already lost. Ain't worth it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
If you've already started trying to impress people you've already lost. Ain't worth it.

Not trying to impress anyone. I don't really give a ****s tits to be honest.
Quote by acoginthesystem
Not trying to impress anyone. I don't really give a ****s tits to be honest.

Good. It's hard to compete with the entire planet.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Become a sound tech. You can work with music all day, and if you work in a studio and have down time, can play music and even record your own stuff.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Vermintide
The voice of wisdom.

College is great if you don't pick a BS major like Art History or something.

If you picked one of the dozens of other degrees, you could have gone pretty far.

College opens doors, but only if you allow it to.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by Jackal58
Good. It's hard to compete with the entire planet.

Who's competing? If someone out there thinks they're going to win at life, then they should watch the six o' clock news, because it's come to my attention we're all going to die anyway. Let whoever do whatever so long as they aren't hurting anyone and they're trying to enjoy themselves. Life sucks, buy a helmet and try to enjoy the ride.

Also, stop trying to come off as though I were the guy trying to "one up" someone else. I was simply saying the TS isn't the only person going through some ****ty times, and I too feel like I'm in a **** situation.
Quote by zippidyduda
College is great if you don't pick a BS major like Art History or something.

If you picked one of the dozens of other degrees, you could have gone pretty far.

College opens doors, but only if you allow it to.

College is great if that's what you want to do at that point of time in your life. It's not the answer for everybody. I didn't start college until I was in my 30s. I would have been an abject failure at 20. Life changes daily. Roll with it. It's much to short to commit to something you don't want to commit to. Live a bit and give it time. Just because you don't enjoy an acadamian lifestyle at 18 doesn't mean you can't revisit it later.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Maybe lay off the alchohol...?..Alchohol costs money...Then just get that little room you've always wanted. Then just chill in there the rest of your life, hit up a job at a music store instead.

Don't be dragged down by this, persevere with something you want to do.
Quote by Vermintide
The voice of wisdom.

i dont have any gcse's because i cant handle big crowds because i have aspergers but atleast im gonna try and tough it out next year and go to college. your ****ing pathetic stfu and gtfo you ****
find yo self a lady foo
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by soulcarwash
i dont have any gcse's because i cant handle big crowds because i have aspergers but atleast im gonna try and tough it out next year and go to college. your ****ing pathetic stfu and gtfo you ****

Vermi > you.
Go have asparagus somewhere else.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
He's not pathetic

He's clearly smart because he's realising that maybe, college, isn't what he's destined to do, no what he wants to do.

Pompous ass.
Quote by Vermintide

Hold up, you ask us if we think you should stay in college, but then you say don't tell you to stick to it? Whats the point?

First off, how old are you? what do you study at college? is there any way you can get some sort of band started?
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by soulcarwash
FU<K YOU YOU <UNTING SH!T FU<KING B1TCH TW@TING GREAT GREAT GRANDMOTHER FU<KING A$$HOLE BA$TARDISED <UNT SLAP ILL SLAP YOUR MOTHERS PU$$Y HARD AND SHE'LL CUM BLOOD ON MY LAP YOU PR1CK!!!1111!!!!

Hi mom!!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Page 1 of 3