OK.

So here's the theory that I find much more plausible than any others and it's one that isn't quite known or taken seriously by most people out there.

I beleive in the Theory of Determinism, this theory says (basically and phylosophically speaking) that and I quote : " every event, including human cognition and behavior, decision and action, is causally determined by an unbroken chain of prior occurrences.[1] With numerous historical debates, many varieties and philosophical positions on the subject of determinism exist from traditions throughout the world." (wikipedia)
Basically, what this means, is that free will is an illusion and all that you do and decide is determined by your past and many other factors; your past is determined and your future too but it's indeterminable.
Still following ?
OK.
Scientifically speaking every atom was determined to a certain "life" right in the beggining of the Universe (Big Bang) when all the laws of physics were created.
If there's anyone thinking "Oh, Big Bang is bull****!" it was proven on the late 70's (I think) through Cosmic Background Radiation.
So assuming that determinism is right everything we do is determined but indeterminable and, as said in Laplace Demon, if we know the precise location and momentum of every atom in the Universe we would know all the past, present and future of it.
Here's the original quote :
"We may regard the present state of the universe as the effect of its past and the cause of its future. An intellect which at a certain moment would know all forces that set nature in motion, and all positions of all items of which nature is composed, if this intellect were also vast enough to submit these data to analysis, it would embrace in a single formula the movements of the greatest bodies of the universe and those of the tiniest atom; for such an intellect nothing would be uncertain and the future just like the past would be present before its eyes."
Laplace was also a strong believer in causal determinism.
Let's put this in a simple way : meteorology.
Why can't they be right ? Why the heck do we take a coath in a sunny day if we trust this guys ?
Because, quoting the chaos theory, little effects have big effects at the end.
Like the butterfly effect.
That's why meteorology isn't always right; because they w'd have to count with every breath of every animal and being from everywhere.Also, the temperature from where I'm standing here can be different than the temperature of my guitar wich is standing like 4 feets from me.Also, and as said by the Caos Theory, they w'd have to measure every little point in 1 feet, for example, wich is impossible according to one of Zenon's Paradoxes that says that every point one point in 1 feet (for example) is dividable by the other,thus, it's infinite.
Basically, it's impossible for meteorology to be right.
It's also very difficult to know our future because w'd have to know alot of factors that could change it, little ones.

Now, everything is determined in the beggining.
You got that
But it's inderterminable.

Now, the Athropic Principle defines, basically, that the Universe was created to have life.
And all the life of every one is determined in the beggining.

Now, taking this to the phylosophic part.
Why are we here ?
What purpose do we serve ?
Why would "God" create intelligence to just destroy it ?

That's the point.
It won't be destroyed.

Us, humans, are just a step in the big ladder of evolution.
Life in the form of carbon molecules will end with the end of the Solar System.
That's a fact.

But, what we're creating now is much greater.
Robots.

They don't need carbon.
They can survive.
They only need moe sources of energy.

Soon, as we start colonizing the Universe with these things, they will be made to made.
But we'll continue making them smarter and smarter.
Machines already put people unemployed.
In some years, they will be as smart as us.

As life based on carbon ends.
Artificial intelligence will survive and it will start getting smaller and needing less energy.

'Till the day of the Big Crunch.
They will be confronted with the end of the Universe.
It's unevitable.
It will end.
Everything dies someday.

What they'll do is that they will control BIg Crunch and make it exactly the same as the others before.
Determinating the same things.
The same life.
The universe is cyclic.

Catholics call him God, Budists call him Dharmakaya, Taoists call it Tao and Cientists call it Universe.
If we can look at a simple watch in the ground and assume it was made by an intelligent being, why can't we look at the Universe and assume the same thing ?

I read about this in a book some days ago.
It's just a theory but it's a serious one and something, I think, that should be considered and respected.

I just came up with this text from the top of my mind so it won't be 100% right but ask me questions and I will be pleased to search a bit more into this.

Discuss.
Quote by imdeth

I'm funny

BLUES
I want a big crunch. Although, I highly doubt this whole theory revolves around KFC and it's chicken sandwiches.
tl;dr. I tried, but it started to run on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

See? You skipped over all that because it just kept going after it should've stopped.
What the balls is your point?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
youre a moron.
determinism has largely fallen out of favor, and a deterministic/free-will hybrid theory is generally accepted
if you believe in determinism, you dont need god
god is nothing more than an excuse
and robots have nothing to do with anything

go become a scientologist or some other crackpot BS
~b

chordedit: way to throw the watchmaker argument in there. thats the teleological argument, which necessitates free will. the whole idea behind design is that God would have put us here with free will. See: Paley, Descartes etc...
I generally support some sort of deterministic outlook, although not the classical sense.

I can't see a biological mechanism for free-will, so until a realistic hypothesis is thrown up, I'll stick with what I find most plausible biologically speaking.

i.e. we're all biological machines bitches.
Quote by ChordMonger
youre a moron.
determinism has largely fallen out of favor, and a deterministic/free-will hybrid theory is generally accepted
if you believe in determinism, you dont need god
god is nothing more than an excuse
and robots have nothing to do with anything

go become a scientologist or some other crackpot BS
~b

chordedit: way to throw the watchmaker argument in there. thats the teleological argument, which necessitates free will. the whole idea behind design is that God would have put us here with free will. See: Paley, Descartes etc...

thank you! couldnt of put it better myself.
Firstly, determinism is a crock. You're really just blindly accepting Tabula rasa. That's like saying that the mind cannot function outside of the parameters perceived world.

Secondly, the Big Crunch has greatly fallen out of favour; various experiments have suggested that gravity isn't slowing down the acceleration of the universe, but rather increasing it.
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
This scares me, but is a completely legitimate theory.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
If we're going for a Big Freeze the speed of the acceleration of the universe w'd have to be greater than the light.
Las time I checked that's impossible.

It's just a theory I read in a book and I found it quite...interesting and plausible.
Quote by imdeth

I'm funny

BLUES
Yes, yes, but what has any of this got to do with Vanilla Ice? Oh wait...sorry. Wrong thread.

What's this one about...hmmm...let me see. Apparently, some *insert wall of text that's the biggest wall you've ever seen; it's so big, in fact, that it makes the great wall of China look like the not-really-that-impressive-picket fence-of-China*. I see. Well, thankyou for that. It's always good to see other people's points of view. I just wish I knew what you were talking about.
Latest research suggests that there is a 95% chance no one on this forum will care. It appears to be correct thus far. Nice one science!
Quote by severed-metal
I want a big crunch. Although, I highly doubt this whole theory revolves around KFC and it's chicken sandwiches.

I wholly disagree. To assume that the giant wall of text was, indeed, NOT about a delicous chicken snack would be wrong, and possibly deserving of death.
Quote by MegaShreeder
If we can look at a simple watch in the ground and assume it was made by an intelligent being, why can't we look at the Universe and assume the same thing ?
Because the design argument is bollocks.
Quote by smb
Because the design argument is bollocks.

That's putting it unusually nice.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
They should make a philosophy thread.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Quote by JamesDouglas
They should make a philosophy thread.

There already is, I think.

Search for Socrates Cafe if my memory is right.

It's not well-known though.
Quote by imdeth

I'm funny

BLUES
Quote by MegaShreeder

The religion thread is now the religion and philosophy thread.
Quote by MegaShreeder

They should make sarcasm.

How about 'The ONLY Religion and Philosophy thread'?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17322478#post17322478
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."