Hi guys, I have been keeping an eye on this guitar they have at the Boston Guitar Center for months now and still can't make up my mind if I want to buy it or not. It's a used Custom shop LP # 1 of whatever amount they made. Sorry I forget what the medallion on the head stock says. The finish already has some cracks showing in the top and the guitar is only a few years old but I never saw one like this before with that type of bridge. It plays and sounds decent but I am more into it for collecting purposes and not playing. The price is $4055.00 I talked to them and that is as low as they will go. I am pretty sure it was originaly over 5 grand when I first saw it about right after they got it in, so they have dropped the price.

.....ew
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Yeah... It looks like it vomited all over itself.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
You'd be better off spending your money on a godly amp, IMO, rather than a Gibson Custom Shop.

I also think that finish is fugly. It looks like Gibson just threw some glue and glitter on a guitar and decided to charge an outrageous price for it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I know it's not the kind of guitar I would normally buy but in terms of collectability it might be a good investment. That's why I am considering buying it.
if u are gonna collect then its probably fine. that finish is the type thats for-keeping-only. the color is just to 'fabulous' if u know what i mean
LOL Yeah! When I first saw it I thought it was a Gold Top but when I got close all I could think of was Disco Ball. LOL My main consideration is that it is #1 of the line.

I am sure the glitter top is why it has been sitting there for a long time now.
Quote by johnro6659
I know it's not the kind of guitar I would normally buy but in terms of collectability it might be a good investment. That's why I am considering buying it.

I don't think it will be much of a collectors item if no one likes it...
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I just threw up in my mouth a little...
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by I am wet
I don't think it will be much of a collectors item if no one likes it...

well a lot of ppl collect old Fords, and they sell for a lot considering no one likes them...

BAH-ZING, Chevy for life...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
If you were a collector with money to burn, I'd say that'd be a great thing to buy.

But if you're looking for something to play and use, don't bother. Having played many Custom Shop models myself, I can safely tell you, don't go for one just because it seems rare or has a special finish. The quality varies so much you need to just play a ton and go with whatever plays and sounds best.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Thanks guys.

Well after discussing it with my girlfriend It's not going to happen. I have bought 5 guitars (2 this week alone) as well as some bodies, necks and variouse parts in the last month for some builds. I'm getting sh*t for that. I did play and it did sound and play OK but I have played much better. I was just considering it as an investment. I am also trying to buy small collection of nice guitars from a guy going thru marital problems. I would rather get those 6 or 7 guitars than the one LP pictured, then I could keep what I like and sell off the others or use them for trade. I agree with the lack of quality on some hing end Gibsons and Custom Shop models. When I was big into collecting Gibsons almost all the vintage ones I ever tried were top quality and consistant now a days I can find Epiphones and other off brands that I like much better for a fraction of the cost. Also reading the replies here I kind of think I might get stuck with it and loose dough. You guys and my GF saved me over 4 grand! LOL

John