I pretty much love RUN-DMC's style and wouldn't mind having some more like it. None of that "I"m a thug, I had sex with a ho, livin' in the ghetto, pickin' my fro" type rap either please.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by Empathica1928
i want some pickin'-my-fro type rap

That was the best example of the opposite of what I wanted I could think of. I'm sorry =(

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

beastie boys are very similar... same style... made music around the same time... were popular around the same time
Public Enemy may suit you, they're more political than all that gangsta rap rubbish.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by cruciel
beastie boys are very similar... same style... made music around the same time... were popular around the same time

Already listen to them =(

Quote by alkalineweeman
Public Enemy may suit you, they're more political than all that gangsta rap rubbish.

I forgot all about them! I love this group.

Last edited by Pinky19 at Nov 24, 2008,
Oh and a 'tribe called quest' are pretty awesome also
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by alkalineweeman
Oh and a 'tribe called quest' are pretty awesome also

Forgot about them as well. My Firefox crashed and lost my last.fm history =(

Thanks.

Flobots are pretty good. Not really rap though, but borderline...
Also Fort Minor, Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park fame, is pretty good. More rap and a lil bit of rock stuff, but overall, very good.
Quote by Ponyexpress
Grammar Nazis scare the living crap out of me mainly because I'm half Jewish

MY SONGS:
[thread="985311"]A Love/Hate Relationship[/thread]
[thread="985301"](All) I Can See[/thread]
[thread="983897"]My Heart is a Hand Grenade[/thread]
Quote by Rockstar729
Flobots are pretty good. Not really rap though, but borderline...
Also Fort Minor, Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park fame, is pretty good. More rap and a lil bit of rock stuff, but overall, very good.

I hart Flobots.

Whodini? Grandmaster Flash? I don't listen to old school rap, but these are some of the artists my father listened to in the car.
Grand Master Flash and The Sugarhill Gang for the win.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.