Does anyone have a tastebud disorder? I've never seen a doctor to get it diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure I have one. Sometimes when I drink Sprite I think I'm eating peanut butter and I can't tell steak apart from chicken, chicken apart from turkey, roast beef apart from chicken, etc.

Anyone else have something like this?
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
I can't tell them apart anyways.

Constantly being drunk does that to you.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I can't tell them apart anyways.

Constantly being drunk does that to you.

+1, I could be eating shit & not even relies it!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by in_ur_ugly_face
you have a great imagination but your joke is not funny, so stop trolling this forum

.......no, seriously,

As for taste disorders, how's your olfactory stuff working? Flavor is half smell, you know.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by StrokeMidnight
Does anyone have a tastebud disorder? I've never seen a doctor to get it diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure I have one. Sometimes when I drink Sprite I think I'm eating peanut butter and I can't tell steak apart from chicken, chicken apart from turkey, roast beef apart from chicken, etc.

BS.
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Quote by in_ur_ugly_face
you have a great imagination but your joke is not funny, so stop trolling this forum

Wait what? What joke?

Quote by Corruption
BS.

Yeah, because I always like spending my time making up stories about taste bud disorders.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Quote by StrokeMidnight

Sprite is nowhere near the consistency of peanut butter. You don't have a tastebud disorder you have an idiot disorder.

Maybe your sinuses are to blame? If you can't smell well then it's hard to taste well. And if you had said that sprite 'tasted' like peanut butter to you then not an idiot would you have been called. (passive voice ftw)
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by highlordmugfug
Sprite is nowhere near the consistency of peanut butter. You don't have a tastebud disorder you have an idiot disorder.

Maybe your sinuses are to blame? If you can't smell well then it's hard to taste well. And if you had said that sprite 'tasted' like peanut butter to you then not an idiot would you have been called. (passive voice ftw)

Haha, well that's what I meant. I don't really think I'm drinking peanut butter, I just sometimes start drinking and I think "This tastes exactly like peanut butter." Then if I look and see that it's actually Sprite the taste changes immediately. It's wierd. Yet kinda cool .
Quote by in_ur_ugly_face

Oh the irony.

On topic, does everything still taste good? You say you can't tell the difference between chicken and steak, so...can you convince yourself that you're eating a delicious steak when you're really eating some bland chicken?

Or does everything just sort of taste like cardboard?
I've never heard of something like this. The only thing I've heard of is everything tasting/smelling like styrofoam.

Sounds like you have taste dyslexia
When your dehydrated, any everything tastes the same.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
as much as id like to rant on you i kinda feel sympathy for you, ya see i once had a condition very similar to yours, i couldnt tell the difference from a good thread and this one
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Quote by stratsrule1990
as much as id like to rant on you i kinda feel sympathy for you, ya see i once had a condition very similar to yours, i couldnt tell the difference from a good thread and this one

Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by stoner179
turkey flavored steak?!?..thats outrageous!

It's pretty interesting . Depending on what food I think I'm eating, that's the food I taste (only sometimes though, that's if I don't see the food before I put it in my mouth).
Tastbud disorders?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have a tastebud...
what the frak is a tastbud
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Sometimes I yawn and taste something that I haven't eaten in months.

Could be AIDS.