How do you get the tone for this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hukADno8MXY

Hearts burst into fire...Is it treble more than gain? I've got a line 6 what am I missing?? I cant get that sharp pitch

EDIT:: It seems that all the responces I'm getting are saying that don't bother, the tone in the video is garbage... THATS NOT WHAT IM ASKING! I'm asking is how do you get a sharp pitch (Also seen in a song such as fade to black) without the fuzz....Is it trebble, mid, gain, distortion pedals, overdrive pedals etc etc....

Thank you for staying on topic and not commenting on the TONE
Last edited by Lax333 at Nov 25, 2008,
PRS SE Single Cut
Roland Cube 30x

...read descriptions, but i don't like the tone
#1- Tone comes mostly from the hands
If you want his tone... you must take his hands
#2- YOu can a better tone than that silly...
But what effects off the amp make that sharp tone, not asking of you like it I'm trying to differentiate treble from gain from mid.

Thanks!
high gain. it sounds like mids are scooped. you mostly hear the high stuff, but it sounds to me like the lows are still there too. try a "metal" pedal...BOSS has a lot of good ones...most recently the ML-2. should be able to pull this sound out of it
I truly appreciate someone saying tone cones from the hands. A lot of these posters forget that.

Now other than the rig he's got you can acheive that "sharp" tone by using a wah pedal that is cocked.

'86 Carvin V220
'92 Carvin DC135c
'06 Fender Strat MIM w/Carvin AP11's
'08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone LTD ED. SG w/EMG 81/85
Schecter Damien FR
'08 Ibanez Prestige RG2610E
'04 Carvin CT4M
'91 Jackson Professional Stealth Pro

That;s not a very distinct tone, just get some distortion pedal and boost the highs.
What pedals does everyone recommend?? I've never used one but it seems like almost everyone uses it so if its not too pricy I'd love to check it out...
That tone sounds very crap IMESHO, aim higher than that. I have one that was only like
$17. Definitely not the best but it works fine for now since I'm poor. FAB metal. Check it out.
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by Lax333
Distortion or overdrive?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-D3-FAB-Metal-Effect-Pedal?sku=151849
If you do get it I recommend not putting the level knob about a third less than halfway. Otherwise it sounds like total cheap shitballs.
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
ok, just to add some more, every little thing can affect tone.
picks, strings, everything.
Are you sure you want that tone?

Bridge pickup + high treble on SS amp on distortion channel

I hope nobody gets that tone from their fingers...
Quote by Ghold125
/new amp....assuming your amp says "Spider" on it

Haha yeah...Im getting a peavey for christmas probably the vypyr 75w...I tried it out this weekend.
Quote by Lax333
How do you get the tone for this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hukADno8MXY

Hearts burst into fire...Is it treble more than gain? I've got a line 6 what am I missing?? I cant get that sharp pitch

Don't bother - that sounds bloody awful.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Regardless of how you interpret the sound, I;m asking what settings make a sharp tone without fuzz::: trebble, overdrive pedals, distortion pedals etc.---- heres a better video for a tone that won't distract you from the point of this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWxu8HLxI8s
Quote by Ghold125
scoop the mids...

That surprisingly does the trick...Can you elaborate more though as to how to get a sharp pitch without fuzz... Does it have to do with pedals, trebble etc etc....
Quote by Lax333
...yeah I get it... scoop the mids...

just to let you know that you won't be heard in a band setting if you do this.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lax333
That surprisingly does the trick...Can you elaborate more though as to how to get a sharp pitch without fuzz... Does it have to do with pedals, trebble etc etc....

"Treble" only has one 'b'. Do you mean you just want a harsh-earhurting sound? Thats what it sounds like you're going for.
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
I'm looking for tone, without it getting drowned out by distortion,
Quick question, when you play a note on one string, do you mute all the others with either hand?

If thats a no, then there's your fuzz problem.

Edit: But yeah, scoop the mids, boost treble and bass... high gain... thats about it
Last edited by HibyPrime at Dec 3, 2008,
Quote by Lax333
I've got a line 6 what am I missing?? I cant get that sharp pitch

u have a line 6- tone is EXACTLY what ur missing
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112