So

My friend sent me a link to a Peavey Valveking, what i can only assume is a 100 watt head and comes with a cab.

link: http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/7635493

And what I'm wondering if it would be worth it. I play Metal and classic rock, and my budget is 2000$ canadian.

I made a thread a few days ago, here.

Just wondering if it would be completely worth buying the valveking and eventually moving up to another amp again.

Thanks
Why would you buy an amp just to replace it?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
for $2000 CAN, you can do a lot better then a valveking. Look at some used Marshalls (jcm's) and Traynor's. Im don't know much about CAN prices but also look at some Orange's.
Quote by I am wet
Why would you buy an amp just to replace it?

It's just that my friend who sent me the link keeps telling me to get the valveking because it's a "starter tube amp", or something like that.
Quote by Metallicaxp
It's just that my friend who sent me the link keeps telling me to get the valveking because it's a "starter tube amp", or something like that.

If your budget is so high and you play metal you'd probably be much better off with a Splawn, ENGL or perhaps a Hughes and Kettner. Maybe a Marshall of some sort or a Mesa Dual Recto if the shipping charges don't kill you.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
If your budget is so high and you play metal you'd probably be much better off with a Splawn, ENGL or perhaps a Hughes and Kettner. Maybe a Marshall of some sort or a Mesa Dual Recto if the shipping charges don't kill you.

Thanks for some more amps to check out!

And yeah, i guess i just wanted him to get off my back about the valveking.
hey, i live in ottawa too.

Pease, please, please do not buy a valveking. the last thing we need in our local scene are more ****ty amps.

Two grand is a huuuge budget, you can do much better than that.

I check usedottawa everyday, and right now theres a Marshall JCM2000 halfstack for 1400.

Hell, addme on msn and Ill tell you every good deal that comes up.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by xwearesinking

Pease, please, please do not buy a valveking. the last thing we need in our local scene are more ****ty amps.

Oh come on. VKs aren't ****ty for the price especially if you have a nice cab. Just look at bartdevil_metal 's clips, or mine, if you want, although my recording method isn't pretty.

I agree, however, that the stock speaker is pretty ****ty.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by xwearesinking
hey, i live in ottawa too.

Two grand is a huuuge budget, you can do much better than that.

I check usedottawa everyday, and right now theres a Marshall JCM2000 halfstack for 1400.

Hell, addme on msn and Ill tell you every good deal that comes up.

Yeah eh, we don't need any more of these.
But i guess i still have to find the right one. I'm hoping to head out to steve's soon, maybe down to L&M, and try out a few amps while I'm down there.
Quote by Raijouta
Oh come on. VKs aren't ****ty for the price especially if you have a nice cab. Just look at bartdevil_metal 's clips, or mine, if you want, although my recording method isn't pretty.

I agree, however, that the stock speaker is pretty ****ty.

they're one of those "halfway" amps, between sounding good and sounding like balls. if you have that much money, then obviously you're earning it somehow, so just wait a little untill you can buy a nice amp. you can surely EQ them to sound decent, but i've seen wayy too many bands with horrible tone using VK's. the combo's are fine/understandable but there is really no need for a 100w stack.

TS, buy used. there's always of wicked fender combos for sale too.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by xwearesinking
they're one of those "halfway" amps, between sounding good and sounding like balls. if you have that much money, then obviously you're earning it somehow, so just wait a little untill you can buy a nice amp. you can surely EQ them to sound decent, but i've seen wayy too many bands with horrible tone using VK's. the combo's are fine/understandable but there is really no need for a 100w stack.

TS, buy used. there's always of wicked fender combos for sale too.

Haha, thanks alot dude. I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything in the Ottawa area, even ebay (i guess).
I will get the amp I want!
be sure to check theottawamusician.com, our craigslist, and punkottawa too.
a lot of the time people post their **** only on one of those sites.

edit: and kijiji

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by xwearesinking
be sure to check theottawamusician.com, our craigslist, and punkottawa too.
a lot of the time people post their **** only on one of those sites.

edit: and kijiji

I haven't heard of some of those sites. I'll make sure to bookmark em now.
Thanks for all the help!