http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/buy/Squier/Vintage_Modified_Series_Telecaster_Custom

Yes, i know its a squier so im not expecting an uber guitar. But im cant justify a great deal of money on a guitar at the moment and probably not for several years and this seems decent for the cash.

I suspect the pickups will be lacking and again i know its not comparable to a fender ect so please dont go there. I just want to know if the guitar is decent or if it has any glaring problems or issues i should be aware about.

So Tl: Dr - Is this particular guitar ok?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by b2spirita at Nov 24, 2008,
Ive heard good things, everything but the tuners are good from what i understand.
Peavy Cirrus 5 string
Squire Jazz bass
Berhinger ultrabass head, 450 cabinet
Resident Marvel Comic expert of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
]My band's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/jenovamusicpage
Just a thought, how wide are tele necks in comparison to strat neck? Cause i have tiny hands, but i like my strat neck.
Quote by b2spirita
Just a thought, how wide are tele necks in comparison to strat neck? Cause i have tiny hands, but i like my strat neck.

my tele neck is very veyr thin, but then again its also the original '68 neck... not sure if that has any difference between that and todays necks... but my hands arent the largest and i can fulling thumb notes with ease (while chording).
Live fast, die young, and leave a good lookin corpse

Well thats good, but any other opinions or specifically measurements?

Damn, it looks nice...

my 72' tele was really neck heavy.

i dont know if this is made anything like it. but the neck was big and the guitar was hard to play.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by b2spirita
So does anyone have measurements?
Both the Squier and Fender referenced have the same neck profile and nut width, so the necks will feel almost the same. One has Urethane and the other Polyurethane finish.

The Squier model is Agathis, a cheaper tonewood associated with cheap, poorly-made guitars. However, most of the new Squiers have been pretty well-made. The electronics or hardware won't blow you away but are incredibly passable through decent tube/valve amps.

I have the cheaper Squier CV Tele (a Pinecaster) and through a H&K TriAmp MK II, can be brutal ... and quite well-defined through a JSX or Fender HotRod. YMMV, so audition them for at least an hour, for several days, through an amp like yours or are planning to buy.

Good Luck!

Well thats a relief then, thanks for posting.

As i stated above, i know its not going to be top notch. It seems that testing several individual versions is the key here, to weed out the duff ones. I know the same applies to strats, as i got lucky with mine.
It's only the Squier strats that suck. I played a Squier Tele and they have all the tone you would expect from any telecaster.
Well thats great then.

I was a little worried when i checked out harmony central, but the average seems to have been biased by a guy who hated it (and its pine body) with a vengance.
The Squire Tele Custum looks pretty cool I'll give it that. I'm thinkning about getting this instead of a MIM tele
tele necks are thick for the most part. That's a nice one, don't be thrown off by squier. it looks good and has good specs, you should probably try it.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
tele necks are thick for the most part. That's a nice one, don't be thrown off by squier. it looks good and has good specs, you should probably try it.

Yeah, im really not bothered by the name my squier strat is just fine. Ill have to track one down and try it out. Its been said above that it has a thin neck, so hopefully thats right. Seems like a good deal @ £179/ $275
I have the Squier VM SSH Tele and it's killer, you can get all sorts of sounds out of it and it plays like butter. Squier is really showing what they can do while still retaining a low price lately. I played that same one with the P-90s and it was great, especially for $230(Cdn)
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
Yep, im pretty much sold on getting it. Now for pricehunting. Do you recpn you can haggle with local shops, ie not chain stores?