For my narration description class i have to write an essay on an aspect of society, and pretty much take a side on it and make fun of it. I decided to do fantasy football, because i just dont seem to get all the hype. Please dont turn this into a flame fest, its just not my thing. But i was wondering if there was any material you guys had that would be funny for the paper, it can be anything, exaggerating and sarcasm are encouraged. fire away!
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
I don't get it either. Hopefully someone will pop in with some hilarity.
Quote by paraphrased from Mitch Hedberg
I went to the convenience store and the guy asked me, "what's the score?" I said "I did not know we were playing a game. If it's asking questions I don't give a shit about, you're winning 1-0.

Quote by in_ur_ugly_face
Fantasy what?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

fantasy football- dungeons and dragons for those who used to beat up those who played dungeons and dragons
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
football, that game where they throw the ball around and run up and down the field. the huge guys tackling each other. usually over run by advertising and retarted announcers who say the most ridiculous things from time to time.

and for your topic, i play, i get the hype. its a fun way to be interested in more than one game a week which your team is playing in. but i, not hating for your idea. i usta think it was retarted till i played. its a fun way of trying to figure out the stats and odds that a group of set players have a better week than your opponent..... but to each his own.

im usually pretty sarcastic, i'll try to think something up
I'm an english major and this is by far the weirdest topic I've ever heard for a paper, especially one that encourages over-exaggeration of stuff.
But anyway I guess the only gripe I ever had with fantasy football is how people can be die hard fans of a team, but if your favorite team is going up against someone in your fantasy roster then you don't mind if your team does bad, you kinda become a turncoat for your team because you're so concerned with winning some fake championship.
Edit: It is worth noting that a big part of the allure is that money is usually involved. If I hadn't been a lazy bum I woulda been in a league that's playing for $500 bucks like my roommate.
Last edited by LightxGrenade at Nov 24, 2008,
i know all my classmates are crazy about that and whenever i ask them what it is theyre like you get points and earn stuff. Wtf?
hahaha fantasy football. recruiting other guys to see how good they perform. what a waste of time just like guitar hero.
i know all my classmates are crazy about that and whenever i ask them what it is theyre like you get points and earn stuff. Wtf?
Quote by stringsquealer

Please stop.
Quote by stringsquealer

take the dick out of your ass and stop typing like a moron.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
What is this fantasy football? Is it this?

Because that's what I got when I googled it.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
What is this fantasy football? Is it this?

Because that's what I got when I googled it.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by vmanoman
fantasy football- dungeons and dragons for those who used to beat up those who played dungeons and dragons

haha that one is pretty good.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.