Hi, im looking for a new guitar i can buy. I aam looking for one around 300-700$. i play mostly metal such as metallica, black sab, iron maiden, pantera, but if im not playing metal i play stuff like the offspring, foo fighters, afi, etc. i dont really care about the weight or any other crap. just need a good guitar thats worth the money. thanks
Dean.

just Dean.

They are made for that kind of stuff.

hint... dimebag darrell used a DEAN ml....

or an esp like what kirk hammett uses (his own custom), but i think deans are better.
Get a Kirk hammet Signature for your style, but im pretty sure i would go for the Paul Gilbert signature at that price range
get an esp theyre great for all the heavy music and sound good clean too i would recommend the esp ltd eclipse 1000 for $800 i think look on sam ash.com or musician's friend.com to see a couple of these guitars
Jackson RR3 is totally worth the $600 or whatever. They're fantastic mid-price range guitar.
Go for the ltd eclipse-1000, fits your budget and those things scream
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by Deanwings79
Dean.

just Dean.

They are made for that kind of stuff.

hint... dimebag darrell used a DEAN ml....

or an esp like what kirk hammett uses (his own custom), but i think deans are better.

No.

just No.

You could get a fat strat (highway one fat strat?) for around there, or a less expensive one and change out the humbucker for something heavier... Or go Schecter (I'm biased on that one )

P.S. Iron Maiden used strats, so don't rule it out as an option...
Quote by -Blue-
No.

just No.

You could get a fat strat (highway one fat strat?) for around there, or a less expensive one and change out the humbucker for something heavier... Or go Schecter (I'm biased on that one )

P.S. Iron Maiden used strats, so don't rule it out as an option...

reading your sig you sound pretty biased against deans lol
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
i think you better buy a gibson les paul menace or les paul bfg .they should be around 700 or something like that.and they are especially made for metal music...
I don't like Deans either. They owe a lot of their popularity to Dimebag. Not saying that he's bad or anything, but they would be pretty much unknown without him.

Dean also kind of do the B.C. Rich thing where they think just because they come up with REALLY weird shapes it's going to sell. My rule of thumb is if it's not Strat, V, or X shaped, it's pointless. (And even Vs are hard to play sitting for me.)
ibanez xiphos
but then again that is mostly cuz i have one
well actually no. i played a lot of other stuff before i got my xiphos. i tried a bc rich neck through stealth, which would run a close second. the only reason i got a xiphos is because i wanted the ability to put an OFR in my guitar, and the pickups are really great. it is a steal. also check schecter out

*opinion
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Your yamaha guitar good enough, get a better amp.

Otherwise:
Ibanez RG/S series models.( Most of them do well, only as long as you stay away from edge 3s or change the trems of edge 3 models [These are china/korea/indonesia made. )
LTD ESP models ( Good guitars [ LTDs are made in china/korea/indonesia]. I think LTD/ ESP is rather dull though, black and white colour options = boring. )
Epiphone LP prophecy( however you spell that ) ( 24 fret les paul, made in china. Need i say more? )
Fender Showmaster ( Rare jem. Not made anymore. Lucky you if you find one. )
Fender Stratocaster FR ( Strat with Floyd. Good if you like an all round guitar. Limited to 21[Mexican/Japanese]/22 [American] frets )
Schecter Guitar Research ( Good guitars i guess. Just dont like them. Some guys just make them overated. )
PRS SE series ( Well made korean guitars, often with sexy tops to choose from, good quality, value for money )
Dean. Dont get one. Why? Cuz -Blue- says it all. They make butt-ugly guitars in my opinion, just cant keep traditional shapes. ( except that batio model, but **** it for the EMGs. )
Jackson guitars ( Good solid american made guitars, but ugly headstock in my opinion. )
Gibson BFG. ( Butt ugly les paul, 22 frets, just dont like it )
Look at Cort.
I have their EVL-K6 at #1 on my wishlist. Made in the same factory as Ibanez and I see great reviews all through the range. I've played one of their cheap ones and it was very nicely put together.

Brian
Schecter Hellraiser
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Quote by jack15_11
Get a Kirk hammet Signature for your style, but im pretty sure i would go for the Paul Gilbert signature at that price range

Where in the hell can I get a PGM for $700
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I would get a dean V. maby a mid-high end mustane. I currently own a razorback V ($300 E-bay) that i love plays nice and sounds real good.
Even though the name is completely boring sounding and retarded, the Fender Deluxe Player's Strat has amazing pickups with the choice to use all the pups at once b/c of the little button next to the switch. It sounds great for metal, but if you want to turn around and play other styles, even blues or jazz, it keeps its solid tone. Check it out.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.