Page 1 of 57
RawrSlinky
169 IQ
Can't believe there is no thread on this amazing band. Awesome metalcore with great drumming and lyrics. I'm going to see them December 8th and was wondering if any of you guys have seen them live before. So yeah uhh talk about them here

Myspace
aggiefan33
196 IQ
there's been several bands. i thought about seeing them with BMTH, but then realized that mis sigs wouldn't make up for all the other ****ty bands
RawrSlinky
169 IQ
Quote by aggiefan33
there's been several bands. i thought about seeing them with BMTH, but then realized that mis sigs wouldn't make up for all the other ****ty bands

Well I really wanted to see them and I'm going w/ a couple friends who like BMTH so I figured it would be acceptable
JxD
957 IQ
I used to like them, but when they were here with comeback kid, I opted to go buy a sandwich instead of watch them. I think I made the right choice. Although they have some sweet ambient moments, they have way too many breakdowns and stereotypical nu-metalcore parts.
adtthosa
1,140 IQ
My favourite band.

I saw them on their recent tour with Comeback Kid, they were awesome but it would have been a lot better if I didn't feel like **** that night. I was way into the first half of their set but I had to stand off to the side for the last half.

But yeah, they rule. Misery Signals >>>> sandwich.
Haymaker17
124 IQ
the year summer ended in june is really good. big fan of this band. check out 7 angels 7 plagues if you like misery signals
Quote by handbanana
R.I.P. Shaun Hand from Metal Sucks. He leaked this album and now Jake Bannon is going to crush his skull
kaosfire
41 IQ
i LOVE misery business!

Best song evar!!!!!

=D
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

fltlll
133 IQ
At one point, they were undoubtedly my favorite band. When Of Malice came out, I basically jammed it obsessively... everyday, at least a good 5 or 6 times. Hell, sometimes I would start it over the second it finished. Arguably, that's their best release so far, and it looks like it's going to stay that way. Mirrors and Controller were definitely good, but they didn't live up to the sheer brilliance of Of Malice. I'm not bummed though... at least I got to see them with Jesse before he left the band (HUGE turning point IMO) and I had the mic for basically all of Five Years... definitely a surreal moment.
adamcouture
356 IQ
This band is nothing short of amazing. I've seen them twice in the past year. The first time I saw them was like my second hardcore show, so I wasn't really into them. But this year at Dirtfest was great. They're the reason I'm going to the BMTH show in Detroit. I could care less about BMTH; I just wanna see Misery Signals and the Ghost Inside.
Internal Chaos
D.I.Y or D.I.E
1,464 IQ
Misery Signals and The Ghost Inside? I saw them this year, they're kinda the same as all other metalcore, but there's something different about them and I can't pick it.

Love Misery Signals, best current metalcore band (Shai Hulud is oldschool for me, so they're not in my current section )

I have a dilemma going to shows though. Anyone in NSW, Australia going to either the Wyong show or the Sydney show in February next year? Hit me up if you are.
XCount Me InX
The UN of UG
265 IQ
Quote by kaosfire
i LOVE misery business!

Best song evar!!!!!

=D

???

whats the new album like?
I mean i know its old now, but I was considering buying it, but I wondered what other people thought of it
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
adtthosa
1,140 IQ
It's really good. It's kind of different from their other albums in a way that's hard to explain. You should definitely pick it up if you liked their other stuff. I've played it way too many times though so I've made myself sick of it.
Bletic
292 IQ
Quote by kaosfire
i LOVE misery business!

Best song evar!!!!!

=D

this.

made me lul
Gear
Ibanez RG421EXFM
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Epiphone Futura Prophecy Custom
Martin 1970's D-28
kaosfire
41 IQ
Quote by Bletic
this.

made me lul

honestly i was expecting alot of flaming lol
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Bletic
292 IQ
Quote by kaosfire
honestly i was expecting alot of flaming lol

well if u really want me to..

OMG u F@GG0T G0 k1ll Ye|2s3lfzz
Gear
Ibanez RG421EXFM
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Epiphone Futura Prophecy Custom
Martin 1970's D-28
kaktusnpoop
Back in Action on the UG
1,057 IQ
Quote by kaosfire
i LOVE misery business!

Best song evar!!!!!

=D

hahaha
mind as well and hijack the thread and make it about paramour

as for misery signals, band is backed, new album is pretty solid
bakshandloomis
Ug's Metalcore fanboy
519 IQ
Misery Signals is awesome. I listen to them daily. My favorite songs are "Sword of Eyes", "The Failsafe", and "Five Years".
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

atomic_llama
309 IQ
Quote by XCount Me InX
???

whats the new album like?
I mean i know its old now, but I was considering buying it, but I wondered what other people thought of it

The new album is really really good
check out their myspace they should have some songs from it up!
Quote by the bartender
^ this man knows his stuff.
RawrSlinky
169 IQ
Quote by adamcouture
This band is nothing short of amazing. I've seen them twice in the past year. The first time I saw them was like my second hardcore show, so I wasn't really into them. But this year at Dirtfest was great. They're the reason I'm going to the BMTH show in Detroit. I could care less about BMTH; I just wanna see Misery Signals and the Ghost Inside.

Exacly what I'm doing, really hope they play some Of Malice and the Magnum Heart stuff though when I see them on the 8th, I'd be pretty dissapointed if I didn't hear atleast a couple tracks off of it.
kaktusnpoop
Back in Action on the UG
1,057 IQ
Quote by RawrSlinky
Exacly what I'm doing, really hope they play some Of Malice and the Magnum Heart stuff though when I see them on the 8th, I'd be pretty dissapointed if I didn't hear atleast a couple tracks off of it.

ive seen em at least 4 or 5 times, and i saw em a few weeks ago, they played maybe 2 songs off of Malice and Magnum
adtthosa
1,140 IQ
When I saw them they played In Summary of What I Am, A Victim A Target and Five Years. They always play Five Years so you'll at least hear that.
RawrSlinky
169 IQ
Quote by adtthosa
When I saw them they played In Summary of What I Am, A Victim A Target and Five Years. They always play Five Years so you'll at least hear that.

I'd love to hear The Stinging Rain live though.
Haymaker17
124 IQ
Quote by FuzzyBear
these guys remind me alot of shai hulud in a good way

agreed. this band is solid. of malice is my favorite cd though.

anyone heard the ep that came out right before it? i like that version of "the year the summer ended in june" alot better.
Quote by handbanana
R.I.P. Shaun Hand from Metal Sucks. He leaked this album and now Jake Bannon is going to crush his skull
XCount Me InX
The UN of UG
265 IQ
Quote by adtthosa
It's really good. It's kind of different from their other albums in a way that's hard to explain. You should definitely pick it up if you liked their other stuff. I've played it way too many times though so I've made myself sick of it.

sounds like im adding that to my ever growing cd list
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
RawrSlinky
169 IQ
Quote by XCount Me InX
sounds like im adding that to my ever growing cd list

You definitely should, it's amazing.

.....Seeing them in 9 days, can't wait
Exxer
10 IQ
Am I the only one who thinks this band is boring? And I usually don't mind listening to metalcore.
Internal Chaos
D.I.Y or D.I.E
1,464 IQ
^ Probably

They're way different to other metalcore. Riffs are way different are so are the vocals.
RawrSlinky
169 IQ
Quote by Exxer
Am I the only one who thinks this band is boring? And I usually don't mind listening to metalcore.

Their definitely not your typical metalcore band. Not really sure how you find them boring though, would you mind elaborating?
saxaxe
UG Resident
3,106 IQ
I've got Controller and I find it rather boring. I haven't heard their older stuff though. I'll be seeing them with BMTH in a couple weeks. What songs do the usually play live, new and old? And which album should I check out?
adtthosa
1,140 IQ
Check out their first album, Of Malice and the Magnum Heart. It's DEFINITELY the best of the three they've released, although I love all of them. Their old EP is awesome too but they don't play any of that stuff anymore.

When I saw them recently their set was:
Set In Motion
In Summary of What I Am
Nothing
Anchor
A Certain Death
The Failsafe
A Victim A Target
Five Years
Last edited by adtthosa at Dec 1, 2008,
RawrSlinky
169 IQ
Quote by adtthosa
Check out their first album, Of Malice and the Magnum Heart. It's DEFINITELY the best of the three they've released, although I love all of them. Their old EP is awesome too but they don't play any of that stuff anymore.

When I saw them recently their set was:
Set In Motion
In Summary of What I Am
Nothing
Anchor
A Certain Death
The Failsafe
A Victim A Target
Five Years

+1 Of Malice and the Magnum Heart is one of my fav albums of all time, one of the few metalcore albums I have where I enjoy every track.
RPExecutor
lead
372 IQ
ugh...

is there something wrong with me for suggesting that not only did Mirrors top all their other ones but all other ones released that year by any band, ever?

that CD was beast. The Failsafe... Anchor... Post Collapse... Sword Of Eyes... the title track... Butcher... they are on endless repeat as far as my music library is concerned.

i mean, hell, MatMH was awesome too, but Mirrors topped them all as far as i'm concerned.

anyway, this band is pretty much what i wish for in a metalcore band that i listen to every day. they're progressive, but not to the point where you have to listen to them every 30 minutes or your mind blows, they're heavy, but not to the point where your anus is blown out your ears, and above all, they're incredibly melodic and manage to produce that sound without sacrificing any chugging riffs, ridiculous breakdowns, or anything else that makes them so very cool like that.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
RawrSlinky
169 IQ
Quote by RPExecutor
ugh...

is there something wrong with me for suggesting that not only did Mirrors top all their other ones but all other ones released that year by any band, ever?

that CD was beast. The Failsafe... Anchor... Post Collapse... Sword Of Eyes... the title track... Butcher... they are on endless repeat as far as my music library is concerned.

i mean, hell, MatMH was awesome too, but Mirrors topped them all as far as i'm concerned.

anyway, this band is pretty much what i wish for in a metalcore band that i listen to every day. they're progressive, but not to the point where you have to listen to them every 30 minutes or your mind blows, they're heavy, but not to the point where your anus is blown out your ears, and above all, they're incredibly melodic and manage to produce that sound without sacrificing any chugging riffs, ridiculous breakdowns, or anything else that makes them so very cool like that.

While I love Mirrors, Of Malice and the Magnum Heart's vox were better imo. The lyrics on that album, the overall feel is absolutely amazing. Everytime I listen to that album its like I feel this kind of release, I can't even describe it.
RPExecutor
lead
372 IQ
man, i must be pretty backwards... o_O seems like Schubach has taken that band all the way to the top... he does have a lot more vocal strength than Zaraska.

the lyrics are awesome, however. it does have a nice math-y sound which i appreciate as well.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
mis sigs is my favorite band right now. im doing a report on them in my music class soon. since most ppl in my class listen to rap, they wont appreciate it. rap has killed music!
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
RPExecutor
lead
372 IQ
Quote by synestershadows
mis sigs is my favorite band right now. im doing a report on them in my music class soon. since most ppl in my class listen to rap, they wont appreciate it. rap has killed music!

... thus the bullshit statistical stuff in your sig.

make sure to say something about Five Years being 5:55 in length, starting in 5/4 and having 5 different time signatures in it (5/4, 9/8, 4/4, 6/4, 3/4, although that might be coincidence).
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑