i've been playing guitar for 2 years, and i'm not getting any better i'm thinking of
switching to bass

with guitar its been hard coming up with material lately.

what do u think?
In my opinion, it's better not to think of it so much as a switch as learning a new instrument. Don't ditch guitar for bass, but rather broaden your horizons. Having a bassist's perspective will help out with ideas, especially when you start off, and you'll eventually have a better idea as to what each instrument should be doing, coming from a multi-instrumentalist.
ive been there before... i know how you feel. keep playing and practicing, but it might be good to take a break and try something new. you might find you like bass more, or the guitar bug might come back around after you've been playing a while
Quote by cgs1994
i've been playing guitar for 2 years, and i'm not getting any better i'm thinking of
switching to bass

with guitar its been hard coming up with material lately.

what do u think?
Play both. Multi-instrumentalist>single-instrumentalist

You'll improve (on guitar) alot when you learn another instrument.
same situation here
do it, you know you want to compelling argument, right?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by LazySandman
compelling argument, right?
I am very suspectable to mild suggestions at the moment.
Yeah i agree you can never say no to learning other instruments, but i play bass as my main instrument and i'd say it's way easier to come up with material on guitar, seeing as bass is more rythm based.
It's great to be able to play more than one instrument so I'd say go for it.

However, make sure you approach bass as a new instrument that you just happen to know some of the technique for, instead of a big guitar with two less strings. If you do the first you will actually be, and think like, a bassist. If you do the latter you'll just be a guitarist who tries to play bass like a guitar.
Yea I say you should pick up bass if you want, bass is a lot of fun to me (I play guitar mostly, but I like to pick up a bass sometimes) it never hurts to be able to play more than one instrument. Just be sure and learn to actually play bass, don't treat it like it's a guitar.
It's never a bad idea to try out new things, but you may underestimate how difficult it is to play bass. Playing bass is much, much harder than guitar; if you learn bass properly you will have to learn to slap, pop, tap and sweep on it, which are all harder on bass than on a guitar as the strings are thicker and farther apart than on a guitar, plus the frets are much larger.

As I said learning more than one instrument is great, but don't underestimate how huge a callenge it is to learn to play bass
your gonna have to learn an entire new instrument.. they r completely different so dont expect it to b the same thing but eaiser
You really shouldn't quit guitar for bass, because after you've learned guitar, bass is a piece of cake.
hahah. i love how people that "give up" on guitar go play bass. its cute.

bass is a whole different monster. dont just switch. play both.
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
hahah. i love how people that "give up" on guitar go play bass. its cute.

bass is a whole different monster. dont just switch. play both.

well he may find that he likes bass more. but still i think that he should play both. cant hurt. you could always play more bass though if you find you like it better. but try to do both. i play both. i also have been taking up piano, harmonica, sax, a bit of drums, and now im trying to learn how to play lap steel guitar (still a guitar but totally different way of thinking). guitar will always be my main focus but i find learning other instruments opens you up more. gets me thinking about music as a whole instead of just guitar playing. plus if i want to make a song, i cant make parts for multiple instruments now.