Well, My title gives a hint. I've been recording with audacity for a few years. Only for the past few uses have I noticed a problem.

First my set up. I am normally a bass player, but I am working on a solo project with myself on guitar. I am recording my bass full stack by way of microphone with my guitar. I really love the thick sound I get from it which leads me to try to record the sound.

Lately, I've noticed that when I first start to record the levels are where I want them, but after a few seconds they become softer and almost sound as if they had a chorus effect imposed on the track. Visually, you can see the difference in the size of the wavelengths of the track. The microphone goes into my lap top. I was wondering if any of you have had problems with Audacity. I'm thinking it might be ****ty sound card, but that is just a guess.

I would love the input.

Thanks
Gear List

2002 Gibson SG Faded
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50

Gas List

Gibson Firebird
this happened to me too. and another thing, when I try to do palm mutes, I get this bad sound that doesn't fit, any other input?
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
1 - search the pinned Audacity questions thread
2 - try a new sequencer such as Reaper and see if that fixes it.

I used Audacity for about a year and never had any problems with it. The thing that gives people the most trouble is when they don't setup their equipment properly. It's best to use an audio interface to keep quality up and latency down.
Quote by jymellis
i use it also but i hook directly into my pc. maybe a mic problem?

Yeah, I'm going to switch mics here today. I will attempt to keep all the variables except the mics the same. Once I've done that, I will keep this thread updated.

*Update* After a few tests it seems that Audacity is the culprit. I first attempted to use the line in from my stack, but I was getting the same results stated in my first thread. Then, I tried going from my guitar>pedal>laptop same thing...Then I put the guitar straight into the laptop. It wasn't as noticeable, but it was still there.

I'm gonna try to download another program, but thats if we haven't come up with a solution. Thanks for the help so far!
Gear List

2002 Gibson SG Faded
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50

Gas List

Gibson Firebird
Last edited by randomhero65 at Nov 25, 2008,