hey guys!! new to the site here!

i have a paul reed smith custom 22 with the nickle plated dragon II's. i was wondering if any of you guys have a good way to clean the tarnish off?

i have heard of a few things, like vinegar and water, steel wool, and a bunch of stuff i dont feel really comfortable doing. i dont want to just go at a $2,600.00 guitar with some steel wool.

just let me know and thanks for the help!!
Never use steel wool!!!! The magnets in the pups will attract all the loose steel fibers. I use Brasso on chrome/nickel plating it seems to work well.
Check out Mother's line of metal polishes. I use their Mag & Aluminum polish, which is formulated to work well with any metal surface. It works WONDERS. I have saved sooooo many parts with that stuff it's ridiculous: knobs, switches, amp bulbs that had clouded, pickup covers, bridges, tuners, hardware...the list is endless, and so are it's uses. I also use it to bring my frets to an outrageously shiny mirror finish for crazy bends and vibrato. It removes tarnish and restores the metal to an incredibly brilliant shine. Check it out, it should be in ever guitar owner's tool box. Here's a link for it:

CLICK
Quote by johnro6659
Never use steel wool!!!! The magnets in the pups will attract all the loose steel fibers. I use Brasso on chrome/nickel plating it seems to work well.

To identityPRS, I actually have Brasso as well, and it doesn't do nearly as good a job as Mothers.
Thanks I'll try the Mothers. I have used it in automotive applications but never thought of trying it on guitars. I never knew Brasso had other uses until my son joined the Marine Corp cadets and I got it to polish his belt buckles. It's great for polishing clear plastic and actual finishes on some wood.
very nice! thanks alot for all of your help! i am also a huge fan of the street truck scene, and currently have some mothers chrome polish waiting for me at my house. cant wait to get home and try it!

thanks again guys!!