Alright so i have an Agile AL 2000, and I don't think it has a two-way truss rod, because I have pretty high action and the neck is bent forward a little, so I go to adjust the truss rod and I can't tighten it anymore what can i do? Am I stuck with having this high action?
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
stop touching the rod.

did you adjust at the bridge?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
stop touching the rod.

did you adjust at the bridge?

not touching rod anymore

ya i did the bridge as low as it could go without buzz but it's still pretty high from 7th fret all the way down.
ok, click the link in my sig, says set up thread. look at the first post. measure neck angle and repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

am i looking at this part right here?

"Neck Relief
adjusting your neck
this is not action adjustment. that's done at the bridge.
a neck adjustment usually helps, when a bridge adj can't get the strings low enough , or if you have fretbuzz that doesn't go away wt bridge adjustment.

please dont turn your truss rod without posting first. but here's a good way to see if you might need a neck adjustment.

with a balanced bridge...
fret the Low E on the first fret. at the same time,
fret the Low E on the last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets, 7-9th

if the string lays on the fret wire there, you probably dont have enough neck bend.
if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the wire there, you probably have too much.

so measure and post."
yeah check that out, let me know what you have at the middle.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

well i dont hav a credit card so i used my driver's license. it is thicker than my driver's license
sounds too me like you have too much bend.

that would mean turning Clockwise. 1/4 turn.

but i think you have already turned it too much today.

which way were you turning it?
and PLEASE dont force a turn in either direction at this point.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

actually i haven't turned it today, it was awhile ago, i just kinda forgot about it.I turned it right though, that would tighten it and make it bend backwards right?

edit: forget that part, didn't read your post all the way through heh
yeah i dont want to use left or right terms, in the past this has been most clear.

look at the nut picture a clock and turn 1/4 clockwise. unless that's the way, you felt you forced the turn.

also a drivers liscence. is thinner than a credit card, you might want to set a couple of medium picks in the space as a guide.

if for some reason you feel resistence, then dont turn, just repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

just to make sure I'm loosening all the strings right? thats what common sense is telling me to do
you can. it'll help you access the nut better.

just make sure the guitar rests in tune, after adjustment.

and make sure that the string is actually more than .010” or 0.25mm off the fret. i want to make sure we're both on the same page here.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
you can. it'll help you access the nut better.

just make sure the guitar rests in tune, after adjustment.

and make sure that the string is actually more than .010” or 0.25mm off the fret. i want to make sure we're both on the same page here.

Can't find my allen wrench anywhere, gonna have to wait for my dad to get home, he has a set. Anyways thanks for the help, I think I know what I have to do now. One question, how long do I have to wait after i give it a 1/4 turn before it sets in?
if i turn i'll usually leave it for the night in tune.

sometimes a couple hours is fine.

but it's a good idea to only turn a 1/4 turn for the day.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
if i turn i'll usually leave it for the night in tune.

sometimes a couple hours is fine.

but it's a good idea to only turn a 1/4 turn for the day.

ok awesome, thanks for all your help, i really appreciate it
ok good luck, and if you need help tomorrow, and i'm not on, be sure to also post in the setup thread. i get an email lets me know you did.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
ok good luck, and if you need help tomorrow, and i'm not on, be sure to also post in the setup thread. i get an email lets me know you did.

will do, again thanks