I'm looking for a decent guitar in that price range ($400-$500). Anyone have suggestions on which one or even a suggestion on another brand? Are the Danelectro reissues any good?
I love my Melody Maker. If you get it, I recommend get the original single pick-up model.
brnh.bandcamp.com
neither, I would look at a Schecter or Ibanez, especially Schecter for amazing quality. To go a little out of your price range, get a Schecter Diamond Series C-+, the pic is on my profile, the orangy one.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
and the 08 has coil tap so you can do single coil as well as humbucker.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
I say Fender Strat, I've heard that Melody Makers are decent, but if you wanted a good Gibson, to go for something else.

If your looking for a Gibson Style guitar, I suggest looking at Epiphone.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by Booji Boy
My style is mostly Indie Pop/Indie Rock/Neo-psychedelia.

Strat. Definately.
Strat all day. Melody Makers aren't much at all, definitely not worth the price for the name on the headstock.