Ok im a bass player like all the rest of you and i usually play with my fingures .
Index and middle well about ten minutes ago my older brother slamed the top part of my middle fingure in the door and yes it was my right hand im a right handed bass player.
So the main reason for me boosting this is will my fingure ****ed for good now and ill have to pull off something else ,and if any on u have gone throught this before.

.swollen
.other fingures on hand are cold
.cant even blow on it softly without me screaming a cannibal corpse song
.nail turning purple and red
.tried to play bass ............. omfg
.ring fingure is starting to hurt
.index is perfectly fine
GEAR

ESP LTD F-155 DX BASS
Epiphone Thunderbird bass
Samic cr1 bt bass

Dunlop bass crybaby
Ibanez PD7 Bass Overdrive Pedal
Boss bass chorus
Zoom 607 multy effects pedal

Ashdown 180 watt bass amp
Mega 30 watt

METAL UP 'UR ASSS
Quote by Hergiswi
You should probably see a damn doctor.

too late(11:00 at night)
GEAR

ESP LTD F-155 DX BASS
Epiphone Thunderbird bass
Samic cr1 bt bass

Dunlop bass crybaby
Ibanez PD7 Bass Overdrive Pedal
Boss bass chorus
Zoom 607 multy effects pedal

Ashdown 180 watt bass amp
Mega 30 watt

METAL UP 'UR ASSS
Agreed with that. But ICE IT IMMEDIATELY, don't try to be all macho and go without ice because that's the best way to stop the swelling.

Don't know how serious it was, but you'll probably recover. Assuming no bones are broken, ofc. If they are, they may have to put you down.
Pit answer :there is a lesson to be learned here..... Kill the siblings before they injure you.....

real answer.... Doctors!!!!!!!!!!!

Also your nail is going to fall off most likely... and you should put some ice on it to keep the swelling down
yeah...medical attention may be good. you might have broken it, or maybe damaged the nerves or something. I would get it checked. You probably will heal up alright eventually, though. People break fingers relatively often.

EDIT: Ice is your friend. Use it.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
well, it's gonna hurt for a few good days I can tell you that, unless it's slightly fractured but I doubt that. I think the reason your other fingers are cold is because the swollen one has most of the blood rushing to it.

also your nail might fall off.

basically just keep an eye on it for he next few days and try to just play with a pick until it's back to health
put it on ice!! ur probably going to lose the nail, but that'll grow back, what u should be more worried about is if u've broken it (try moving it and stuff). in any case ur gonna have to rest it for a long while so it can heal and then start over on building up some callouses.

see a doctor asap just in case!
Bass mom says--ibuprofen and ice on for 15 minutes. And if the pain is not getting any better in the AM, see the doctor.
Reminds me of the time Geezer Butler broke his hand punching a T.V. set when he was drunk. He went to some incompetent Japanese doctor that bandaged up his hand because Sabbath was playing a show the next day. Had to play bass with a partially broken hand for a month before doctors told him he would lose his hand if he didn't get proper medical attention.

Consider yourself lucky.
What people have said is what you should do; Ice is your friend. Also, if your ring isn't too badly affected, play with that for now, and see a doctor in the morning. If there's any damage tommorrow that will carry on for awhile, stopping you from playing using your middle, take advantage of it, as much as it sucks; try walking with your index and ring. It'll be a little akward, but once your middle is good again, you'll be able to play okay with three.
Quote by bt99

.cant even blow on it softly without me screaming a cannibal corpse song

so your idea of screaming is ridiculously low inaudible growling?
and its your fault, you know, for being a bassist.
yea... chances are it's broken. One warning, I have a friend still recovering from breaking his middle finger on his right hand... he broke it more then 3 months ago, it still looks beat up, but at least he can play drums now. (Note: he plays professionally, so don't think he wasn't trying to play every step of the way)

Also worth noting, He saw a doctor within an hour, and they said if he had waited much longer, it could have caused permanent damage... so make sure you do it first thing in the mourning... in fact, stop reading this and go see a bloody DOCTOR!
^ yeah right

merely a flesh wound

i slammed my hand in my car door 2 weeks ago and its fine now

chin up, soulja
Well, it should heal in some days.

Happened to me once and healed the same night of that day, you should probably go to sleep now hehe.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Ice it and don't freak out if you wake up without a nail.

I've always been **** scared of hurting my hand or breaking an arm because of bass.
ICE. FROZEN H2O/WATER.

Then go to a doc to let him check any damages inside.
I don't know what I'm doing, but I still do it anyway...

Just for the lulz.
Isn't it common sense to see a doctor about these things? If I had a heart attack, I wouldn't check if I could still do as many push-ups as I did before I had a heart attack, and then post online about it.
Stop being a pussy. Drink a fifth of cheap, Kentucky Whiskey (I recommend Evan Williams) every day until it stops hurting.
Three options:

Quote by Bumper
Stop being a pussy. Drink a fifth of cheap, Kentucky Whiskey (I recommend Evan Williams) every day until it stops hurting.

This, see a doctor, or use the hook.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
My brother was playing football (soccer for you yanks) with his friend. His friend got tackled hard and landed on his shoulder, his shoulder hurt and a week later it still hurt. He finally plucked up the courage to go to A&E, had an x ray and it turns out he broke his collar bone.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
They're going to have to surgically remove the finger, you'll never be able to play bass again. Might as well get a new hobby that doesn't require a middle finger, like reading!
Quote by Jonnomainman
My brother was playing football (soccer for you yanks) with his friend. His friend got tackled hard and landed on his shoulder, his shoulder hurt and a week later it still hurt. He finally plucked up the courage to go to A&E, had an x ray and it turns out he broke his collar bone.

Lucky he wasnt playing real football, Might of broke him in half at the waist!
But you'd be wearing armour or at least not playing full contact

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5

...Uh... "Fingure"? Really? "Fingure"? You hurt your "fingure"...?

...Just me? I'm the only one? Ok. Fine.

Whatever. My advice to add - don't play bass until it's reasonably healed. Sucks, I know, but you don't want to screw yourself more. Unless you have a show of course. Then play through the pain. Duh.

...Effin... "fingure" man.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by Bumper

Pardon?

He's complaining about his BROTHER having smashed his finger in a door on a FORUM and making reference to blowing on it causing pain that makes him scream (again, on a forum). So, to make it a little clearer: I doubt he has access to Whiskey (most likely because of age), nor should he be drinking it without even finding out if there could be lasting damage.

Honestly, name calling and recommendations to drink alcohol... ether your making fun of him, or you never grew up... or both.
lol dude, calm down. It was a joke.

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Quote by Jonnomainman
But you'd be wearing armour or at least not playing full contact

Real men play aussie rules footy. Or rugby but that's for kiwis.
Nothing a manicure wont fix! While your at it get a boob job! Seriously, if my fingure (whatever that is) hurt that bad i wouldnt of jumped on line in 10 minutes and started typing.
im afraid ur gonna have to cut off ur fingers
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
im afraid ur gonna have to cut off ur fingers

I believe the term is 'fingure'...

>.>
<.<

Seriously though, it doesn't even SOUND like 'fingure' what kind of inbred hunchbacked baby-eater are you?
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Quote by K.I.A.
Pardon?

He's complaining about his BROTHER having smashed his finger in a door on a FORUM and making reference to blowing on it causing pain that makes him scream (again, on a forum). So, to make it a little clearer: I doubt he has access to Whiskey (most likely because of age), nor should he be drinking it without even finding out if there could be lasting damage.

Honestly, name calling and recommendations to drink alcohol... ether your making fun of him, or you never grew up... or both.

i dont know about the other guy, but i was making fun of him. He deserves it for even posting this crap!