this kid has been playing for two months with a teacher thinks he knows more than me when ive been playing for about a year when i can play fast and know more scales.
well qeustion is who knows more

yourself doesnt count
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
Quote by Griever988
Who cares?

+2
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
Quote by Griever988
Who cares?

why would you even take the time to post that

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
fast fingers and scale knowledge aren't everything, you know. it's very possible he absorbed information like a sponge and learned a ton in a short period of time.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by WattsyBoy97
this kid has been playing for two months with a teacher thinks he knows more than me when ive been playing for about a year when i can play fast and know more scales.

yourself doesnt count

k koo
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by WattsyBoy97

Because it's a valid response, ditch the ego man
Besides, you're 14, who are you calling 'kid'?
ohai little sig.
Quote by Griever988
Because who honestly cares?

but why would you take the time to post it

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Quote by WattsyBoy97

why would you even take the time to post this thread?

and you didnt even spell check!
iv realized how many assholes there are in the pit but thanks anyway

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
*fap fap fa...*

whoops wrong thread.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
Quote by WattsyBoy97

why would you take the time to post this thread?

Quote by WattsyBoy97

the pit knows it's full of assholes, but the thing is, you're one of them. Why would you make a thread like this? so everyone can see how much better you are than someone else?

asshole
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by WattsyBoy97

Why would you take the time to start this pointless thread.

We haven't seen you or the kid,
we can't possibly know.

Plus, how much someone knows is not quantifiable.
Quote by WattsyBoy97

He is telling you it is a stupid argument, ok genius
grok it.

SKREAM!

i like when people try to use a website as a way to prove themselves better than their friends. i can just imagine that conversation the next day...."see i am better! the pit said so!"
Quote by WattsyBoy97

it's the pit. i thought the fact that it's full of assholes was just common knowledge.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by mikiedaman
i like when people try to use a website as a way to prove themselves better than their friends. i can just imagine that conversation the next day...."see i am better! the pit said so!"

i like how people that say they're better than another person because they can" play faster and know more scales"

its how you feel, and how you use the knowledge that makes you a great musician, not how technical and fast you are.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
allot of beginnerss are like that...
but knowing a couple scales, and having an ability to play fast doesn't make you that much better of a guitarist...
Quote by WattsyBoy97

Oh, isn't that a shame. Another illusion shattered.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by WattsyBoy97

Ow my feelings.
*commits suicide*
ohai little sig.
it all depends on how good you both practice, and how much, and how regularly. But since he has a teacher, it puts him in front of you, but you've been playing a lot more, so you may be better. The fact of knowing more scales proves nothing. And you can play "fast", proves even less. And anyway ... what is "fast" for you ?

My opinion : When it comes to music, it is art. Art is all about feelings, and understanding the whole thing. When I check out a new guitarist, or any other musician, or whatever artist it could be, I check his talent, but also how can he/she brings up the feeling of the song/picture/art. I mean, even if you can play damn fast, you know all scales and chords it is possible for the human mind to remember, and you have mastered all techniques, but you can't even play the same riff with 2 differents feelings with it, you may not be as good as you look like. And as far as I know, the ability to feel the song, to bring up the emotion of the song cannot be taught from anyone else than yourself, especially because it is very subjective. If we would all listen to the same song, we all could say that it is about differents feelings/situations, according on how we listen to it, on what we focus the most, and many other things.

Actually, I know that I'm pretty good at feeling what I'm playing, and the teacher I had recently (I stopped at the end of September), pointed that out of my playing. I had to improvise in various music styles (mainly Blues and Jazz), and when I was playing over a chord progression, I didn't have to tell him what I was playing, and he didn't have to know what scales I was playing. He knew which style I was playing only from how it sounded.

Final fact : Nobody cares which one of both of you is the best, or knows more, you are both different, and you both may know something that the other doesn't know. Get over it, and don't try to be better than the others, just try to get better than you were before, each time you practice. If he continues to pretend that he's better, either ignore him, or fight him, depending on your survival chance if you fight (in other words, if he is stronger/bigger/taller than you, just ignore him, if not, fight him, or ignore him...).

WHATEVER THE SITUATION MAY BE, THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER SOLUTION THAN VIOLENCE... I'm just telling that so that nobody thinks I'm telling you to fight everyone ... it may not be a good idea.

Let me know what you think about all what I just said, if you want.

Edit:
Random Fact : I started to write this while nobody had answered, and by the time I finished, the were already 27 replies, not counting mine ...
Hello, Mirror - so glad to see you my friend, it's been a while

Help me - I can't break out this prison all alone
Save me - I'm drowning and I'm hopeless on my own
Heal me - I can't restore my sanity alone
Last edited by XDream_TheaterX at Nov 24, 2008,
Quote by XDream_TheaterX
it all depends on how good you both practice, and how much, and how regularly. But since he has a teacher, it puts him in front of you, but you've been playing a lot more, so you may be better. The fact of knowing more scales proves nothing. And you can play "fast", proves even less. And anyway ... what is "fast" for you ?

My opinion : When it comes to music, it is art. Art is all about feelings, and understanding the whole thing. When I check out a new guitarist, or any other musician, or whatever artist it could be, I check his talent, but also how can he/she brings up the feeling of the song/picture/art. I mean, even if you can play damn fast, you know all scales and chords it is possible for the human mind to remember, and you have mastered all techniques, but you can't even play the same riff with 2 differents feelings with it, you may not be as good as you look like. And as far as I know, the ability to feel the song, to bring up the emotion of the song cannot be taught from anyone else than yourself, especially because it is very subjective. If we would all listen to the same song, we all could say that it is about differents feelings/situations, according on how we listen to it, on what we focus the most, and many other things.

Actually, I know that I'm pretty good at feeling what I'm playing, and the teacher I had recently (I stopped at the end of September), pointed that out of my playing. I had to improvise in various music styles (mainly Blues and Jazz), and when I was playing over a chord progression, I didn't have to tell him what I was playing, and he didn't have to know what scales I was playing. He knew which style I was playing only from how it sounded.

Final fact : Nobody cares which one of both of you is the best, or knows more, you are both different, and you both may know something that the other doesn't know. Get over it, and don't try to be better than the others, just try to get better than you were before, each time you practice. If he continues to pretend that he's better, either ignore him, or fight him, depending on your survival chance if you fight (in other words, if he is stronger/bigger/taller than you, just ignore him, if not, fight him, or ignore him...).

WHATEVER THE SITUATION MAY BE, THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER SOLUTION THAN VIOLENCE... I'm just telling that so that nobody thinks I'm telling you to fight everyone ... it may not be a good idea.

haha i love how everyone has just dismissed this whole thread and then this comes up...
Gear:
Quote by humperdunk
haha i love how everyone has just dismissed this whole thread and then this comes up...

I love writing huge answers, which doesn't really answers to the question, for simple questions.

if its a stupid thread y are poeple still posting in it

adn btw XDream_TheaterX what do you do in your spare time?

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Quote by XDream_TheaterX
I love writing huge answers, which doesn't really answers to the question, for simple questions.

Sir, you officially take forever to say nothing
ohai little sig.
Quote by WattsyBoy97

Because we like to make fun of people who start stupid threads... duh
Gear:
Quote by XDream_TheaterX

Edit:
Random Fact : I started to write this while nobody had answered, and by the time I finished, the were already 27 replies, not counting mine ...

i'm pretty sure that was the longest win ever.

Quote by wolvenrick
Golly gee does anyone have any Gatorade, this thread is just making me so dehydrated.
grok it.

SKREAM!

I owned this thread with my almost meaningless answer.

Quote by WattsyBoy97

adn btw XDream_TheaterX what do you do in your spare time?

Exactly not what I should do ...

Quote by WattsyBoy97

yourself doesnt count

How the fuck should we know?

Quote by WattsyBoy97

No, you asked a dumbass question. You said "I've played for a year and know scales, so who knows more?" You didn't mention anything the other guy knows. You're just trying to get your ego stroked and now you're pissed off that nobody's doing it.
You're*
Last edited by Survivalism at Nov 24, 2008,
Who cares whos better? Play what you want to play and dont worry about the other people
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?