I recently got a Jackson DK2m and its an amazing guitar and I'm satisfied with it in every way except it really love some more output in the bridge pup, also playing the same pup configuration as everyone else bothers me a little as I like to have a little bit of a different sound. As christmas is coming up I thought why not. I was thinking of either switching the JB out for a Dimarzio D-activator X or a SD invader or something of the sort but I'm not sure. Wanted to get some opinions on different pups. Maybe even a tone zone.. My SH-2 in the neck will take care of all my clean needs so the bridge is going to be the high gain end of the spectrum for a nice high output pickup that wont go muddy on me.

PS I used to have a Super distortion and I loved it but I want to try something new.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
I would not recommend a invader, perhaps a Dimarzio breed or d-sonic.

or perhaps even try some bareknuckles if you can afford it.
Quote by jake911
I would not recommend a invader, perhaps a Dimarzio breed or d-sonic.

or perhaps even try some bareknuckles if you can afford it.

The bareknuckles are really pricey though. I was looking at rockfields but dont think they are at the pink there they can beat out dimarzio or SD.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
I swapped my JB out of my SL2HT and stuck a tone zone in, then yanked that out and stuck a PATB in, then yanked...Ect, Ect, Etc. I hated them all. Stuck the JB back in and it has stayed. Come to find out it was the amp that didn't do the JB justice. I play old classic rock and well, to me that's what that pup was designed for.

Good luck man, hope you figure it all out.... Hint SD has a thing where you can exchange the pup's within like 30 days for something else and keep swapping till you find the one that suits you.
Quote by Sin City Sid
I swapped my JB out of my SL2HT and stuck a tone zone in, then yanked that out and stuck a PATB in, then yanked...Ect, Ect, Etc. I hated them all. Stuck the JB back in and it has stayed. Come to find out it was the amp that didn't do the JB justice. I play old classic rock and well, to me that's what that pup was designed for.

Good luck man, hope you figure it all out.... Hint SD has a thing where you can exchange the pup's within like 30 days for something else and keep swapping till you find the one that suits you.

Ah I see. What was your opinion on the tonezone? Did you notice large change in output if any?

Im very curious about if any rockfields would actually have anymore output than a jb. Anyone able to answer that? I know that the rockfields all have lower DC resistance ratings so I'm thinking no.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
It's the amp. JB is pretty high output.

If that doesn't work, try a Dirty Finger by Gibson. Those screech.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
It's been a while but if I remember correctly the tone zone was muddy. But remember I was using the same amp. I thought the PATB was a pretty cool pup too.

If I get bored I will stick the TZ in my Schecter and see how it sounds again now that I'm playing a different amp.

I really like the JB now and have even stuck one in my hss strat. It does seem to over power the vintage rails in the mid and neck a bit, but I rarely play those anyway.

Really, go play your axe in a different amp.
you should send me the jb if you dont want it :p
yeah maybe dirty fingers?
so you play the metalz?
Quote by jake911
How about a SD full shred?

I was looking at it but it has a lower DC resistance so I was thinking its probably got lower output.

Quote by texzephyr
you should send me the jb if you dont want it :p
yeah maybe dirty fingers?
so you play the metalz?

If I am going to pay gibson prices then I might as well get a bare knuckle.

Right now the d-activator or d-activator X or leading the way. I was thinking about how much a set of actives would cost to have installed into my jackson. Would anyone know?
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
i have a TZ in my dkmg and love the sound that it makes coming out of my amp. don't really have anything to compare it too though... well, except for those lifeless emg HZs it came with.
its tight and clear, but then again its in the bridge position so that helps.
dimarzio also has the 30-day exchange policy

installing actives is probably even easier than passives since (at least emg) come pretty much pre-wired
DIY
Quote by sethp
i have a TZ in my dkmg and love the sound that it makes coming out of my amp. don't really have anything to compare it too though... well, except for those lifeless emg HZs it came with.
its tight and clear, but then again its in the bridge position so that helps.
dimarzio also has the 30-day exchange policy

installing actives is probably even easier than passives since (at least emg) come pretty much pre-wired
DIY

Ah I see what your saying. I was also curious if a Dimarzio X2n would work in the bridge even though it is not f spaced?
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
the x2n has bar pole pieces with higher output (510mv) over the d activator (500mv) but they better than the d activators.

they are universal spacing.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
At the moment I'm leaning for a X2n as long as it fits. Was curious if there were any brand of pickups I should be considering. I am looking at, dimarzio SD, gibson, fender, emg, rockfields, and bareknuckles so far. Looked at Bill lawrence pups but they are too dime I think.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
+1 for the X2N.

If you don't have enough output from it, then I don't know what will give you what you want.
ಠ_ಠ