Page 1 of 2
Okay, so in my grade 11 univeristy biology course we are coming up on the part of the course where we disect a fetal pig. I personally have major moral issues with this, so I asked my teacher if there was an alternative to the disection(i.e computer program, paper assignment) and he basically said that there isn't but I don't have to participate in the direct disection of the pig and that I can take notes and left it at that.
Today I went and talked to him again, and again he suggested that I just take notes, but I wasn't gunna have any of it and told him that I felt that he was asking me to comprimise my morals to accomidate his lesson plan. He simply told me that I MUST participate no matter what and I could talk to the head of the science department if I had anymore complaints. Tomorrow I plan on finding out who the hell the head of the department is and talking to him.
My game plan for if nothing is progressed from here, is that I will 1)Inform any media outlet I can get ahold of, 2)Create signs and posters to inform others, and 3)Spend my lunch time informing others, talking to teachers, and raising awareness for their blatent ignorance of students morals and/or intreasts.

So, Im asking you, The Pit, if you have any experience with protesting school policies, or anything like this, and if you have any tips or information to give me that would help.
They should have respected your position, but with option one perhaps you're going too far.

Personally i love disections. Saw a few autopsies last year and it was one of the highlights of my life.
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Dissecting animals is pretty gross.

I'm not a fan, especially when you watch your class mates brutalize, and molest them.

bleh.
Its his personal opinion
everyone's entitled to one and if they don't respect it than you should let people know
WOO
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
Okay, so in my grade 11 univeristy biology course we are coming up on the part of the course where we disect a fetal pig. I personally have major moral issues with this, so I asked my teacher if there was an alternative to the disection(i.e computer program, paper assignment) and he basically said that there isn't but I don't have to participate in the direct disection of the pig and that I can take notes and left it at that.
Today I went and talked to him again, and again he suggested that I just take notes, but I wasn't gunna have any of it and told him that I felt that he was asking me to comprimise my morals to accomidate his lesson plan. He simply told me that I MUST participate no matter what and I could talk to the head of the science department if I had anymore complaints. Tomorrow I plan on finding out who the hell the head of the department is and talking to him.
My game plan for if nothing is progressed from here, is that I will 1)Inform any media outlet I can get ahold of, 2)Create signs and posters to inform others, and 3)Spend my lunch time informing others, talking to teachers, and raising awareness for their blatent ignorance of students morals and/or intreasts.

So, Im asking you, The Pit, if you have any experience with protesting school policies, or anything like this, and if you have any tips or information to give me that would help.

Dude, just man up and take notes douche biscuit its not that bad.
It's part of the course... if you didn't want to do it you shouldn't have took the course in the first place. He's not asking you to compromise your morals for the sake of his lesson plan, he's trying to teach you Biology, which is what I assume you wanted to learn. If stuff like this offends you then drop out and take up knitting or day care.

I think it's actually really accommodating of him to let you just take notes.

One day the otters will destroy you all... humans.
1. its already dead, you arent hurting it
2.dont be a pussy
3.he offered to compromise with you and then you told him to **** off, so youre the one being a prick here
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Quote by jmilli2
It's part of the course... if you didn't want to do it you shouldn't have took the course in the first place. He's not asking you to compromise your morals for the sake of his lesson plan, he's trying to teach you Biology, which is what I assume you wanted to learn. If stuff like this offends you then drop out and take up knitting or day care.

I agree with this. It's not like high school where biology is absolutely mandatory, you should have looked into this before you decided to take the class.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Well if you're planning on going into the medical, zoological or biological fields, you are going to have to suck it up. Now, if this class is required for all the students and there are no alternatives you might have some basis of argument. Also, what "moral issues" do you have

My opinion: Just take the damn notes.
Quote by jmilli2

I was unaware that the course included the disection, I havent encountered any disection in previous science classes, if I had known I wouldnt have taken the class, by the time I found out it was too late to drop the class.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I agree with this. It's not like high school where biology is absolutely mandatory, you should have looked into this before you decided to take the class.

Indeed. Honestly, TS, sounds like you're just being a bitch about it. :\
haha this did not go the way ts wanted it to at all rofl
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
I was unaware that the course included the disection, I havent encountered any disection in previous science classes, if I had known I wouldnt have taken the class, by the time I found out it was too late to drop the class.

It's Biology, what did you expect, you should have known that biology courses may require you to do dissection and should have asked the prof. if that would indeed be the case before signing up.

Last.fm
If it really bothers you that much, then just talk to the head of the department. They can't really object to it if your reasons are good enough.

Although dissection was my favorite part of all my biology classes. Nothing like the smell of formaldehyde in the morning.
Buy it. Load it. Shoot it.

Quote by nodtomc
So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is "wut r u doing wit my daughter?" U tell ur girl n she say "my dad is ded". THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

Quote by Fromotion8389
If it really bothers you that much, then just talk to the head of the department. They can't really object to it if your reasons are good enough.

Yes they can, if he didn't want to do dissections he shouldn't have signed up for the class. Like I said before, this isn't like in high school where you can object because you absolutely have to take the class.

Last.fm
With a name for ones self like 'Cockpuncher" what did you all expect ? Call youreself weeping snatch insted.
Last edited by tymatt67 at Nov 24, 2008,
You shouldn't be in a University Biology class if you have such aversion to something so non-trivial. If a dead fetal pig comprimises your morals then you will never be able to be involved in any kind of care giving or medical field- not to mention any kind of public service (police/fire/ambulance/legal) because you clearly don't have the balls or stomach for it.

Don't feel bad, I never took biology in High school simply for this reason. If it ain't your thing find something that is.
You're at university now kid, you should have known what was coming and you signed up for it.

You can't cry about it now.

You can, however, drop out.
Research your classes better next time, you've no-one to blame but yourself.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
he's given you the option to not take part, but just to take notes instead. are you morally opposed to taking notes or something??
from daylight...
...into darkness
at my school, with the required biology classes during disections the teachers give you the option to participate, watch and take notes, or research the anatomy of the particular animal in the library. maybe see if your science head will let you just do that. its getting the same knowledge just in a different way. however i dont see the hard in watching someone. just find a nice lab group who is going to do the work right and not do all the extra cutting and watch and take notes of them.
Would you feel the same if it were nicely sliced and put into a sandwich?
You don't need dissection to learn about biology.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
What's so bad about taking notes? And why are you morally opposed to a dead pig?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Take notes; You're not getting out of it. It's part of Biology. You told the professor you didnt want to do it, he gives you the option not to, and you whine about it to the pit..?
Next time your biology teacher makes you do something immoral, hit him with your purse.
Lol thats nothing man. My sister had to disect a person for one of her university course.
Why don't you just man up? I had to do this my freshman year of biology.
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
Just stop being a pussy and take notes.

Sounds like you're just trying to find an excuse not to go to class.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Nov 25, 2008,
Page 1 of 2