A song done by my band, Nocturnal Hour. A MUCH different version of it was posted a while ago, but the song has gone through some dramatic changes. The GP5 IS mixed for RSE, so if you have it, use it.

Anyways, this is a Progressive Metal song, heavy influence from Opeth, Pain of Salvation, and a little Dream Theater. And some other random stuff.

Enjoy, C4C as always.
Attachments:
Desolate.zip
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Hey that was pretty good.

- Drums were insane, a little too insane in the intro imo. Tone those down a bit.
- Intro riff was nice but sounded way too trivium like.
- Bars 43-46 were awesome, nice dissonance there.
- 47-50 same thing, really easy riff but sounds great.
- The solo felt lacking, too easy for my taste and the vibratos were exaggerated.
- Lol, ****ing organ solo was awesome - came out of no where.
- Rest of the song was decent.

Overall it was good work, I can def see potential for your song writing. Work on your solos and change up the tempos once in a while. Experiment with everything, it cant hurt! Keep up the writing though man!

While your at a little C4C if you dont mind?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1006997
im sorry, u may like that main riff thing, but i think its just awful. were both guitars play a note that are a semi-tone apart from each other... it sounds good once or twice in a song, but that overdid it and hurt my ears xD
Drums were annoying in the intro, but the following riff was awesome. (I love Trivium by the way, and it reminded me of some stuff off shogun)
Next riff takes the song in a different direction, and I hated the dissonance in the bass. The drums were great in the next section. The next section was very intense, liked it. TBH I didn't really like the following guitar solo, but maybe thats because of RSE's ****ty 'vibrato'. The organ was awesome. The next riff was great too. The acoustic stuff after that was awesome.
Overall great song, lots of potential but it seemed a bit repetitive. You could cut down on the length or just add some more variations to the repeated sections, whatever you want.

Can you crit mine? You seem like you know your stuff!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1007118
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been able to C4C yet, some stuff has come up. But I'll try to get to it today!

Oh, and I forgot to mention. This song normally has vocals, so Sorry about all the repetitions.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Last edited by silhouettica at Nov 28, 2008,
Criting as i go:

Liked the verse riff alot like Trivium
Next riff didn't sit well with me... I personally don't like it
The solo was ok... but the rock organ was BADASS
The 2 riffs after the solo are very trivium like keep them. (Definately can tell lyrics are needed)
The next couple riffs are good, but I would like it if they were more upbeat
There's too much space between the first 2 notes of the acoustic section and the rest, and a little variation in the ending of it would be nice.
When the electric comes in, the F# chord in Zach's part doesn't sit well with the riff at the end of Will's
I liked Will's solo.
At the very end in will's part I don't think the high E's are needed, I'd sugest a slide down and play the E5 with Zach. And made have 2 muted 16th notes before the 2nd chord. Like
2 xx2
0 xx0

Overall I thought the song was quite well done with only a few parts I didn't completely like.

If you have time crit one of the songs in my Sig.