I have done my best to look thru all the posts about amps for my situation, but would like some additional assistance. I am looking to spend about 250-300 on something. I know this is so overused but I do love the blues/rock blend of players like slash. I do not play any really heavy metal mostly classic and some blues with some contemporary stuff as well. What is the best amp in my range, I have considered some fender tubed amps or some form of a marshall since its my understanding thats what slash primarily used. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.
Crate V33 or V18 combo with an overdrive such as a badmonkey. A fender champ XD or something along those lines might also work with an OD pedal, you won't find a decent marshall in that price range
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
At this price range you will not get a good Marshall. Just a crappy MG. I think.

I've been looking for the same thing. I'd look into Blackheart amps, or if you can bump up your budget to around $450 you can get a Fender Blues Jr.

Don't buy a specific brand just because your favorite player uses it. Chances are you will never fully replicate the tone because their gear is hot-rodded to the point that a normal person wouldn't be able to afford modding their gear the same way.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Deep*Kick
Crate V33 or V18 combo with an overdrive such as a badmonkey. A fender champ XD or something along those lines might also work with an OD pedal, you won't find a decent marshall in that price range

+1
I would definitely look into the V33 and the Superchamp XD
Both great for what you are doing.
Quote by ShrimpthePimp
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crate-V-Series-V50-112-50W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-487054-i1322695.gc
and then maybe an OD pedal and a wah. (I'm pretty sure you said something about Slash)

Are those amps too good to be true (Crate V50 112)? I played one for a short time today and it sounded great, but I keep thinking there must be a catch for a 50 watt tube amp to only cost a couple hundred dollars. It didn't seem worth the extra money to buy a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe after playing the Crate, and the Fender was so loud I couldn't overdrive it in the store (which would be too loud for my house). Also the Blues Jr sounds good but it's only 15 watts and somewhat pricey for the size.

It could just be because I associate Crate with low-end quality or solid state but I've read some other opinions and they seem legit. But you never know who writes those user reviews.
Last edited by captain Trips at Nov 25, 2008,
They are cheap cause they are out of production
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.