Gibson, Epiphone, a copy by washburn,I don't really care if it's the type.

Who has it and if you do, how is it?
It's the guitar used by Billy Joe Armstrong.

Since it has only one pick up and just a volume nob, is it that versitile?
the versatility depends on your amp and the pickup in the guitar. i had a strat with one pickup and 1 volume and it was pretty much a one trick pony, nice distortion/crappy cleans.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Billie*
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
i cant really think of a good reason to buy one unless your REALLY into that one tone.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by radomu
Gibson, Epiphone, a copy by washburn,I don't really care if it's the type.

Who has it and if you do, how is it?
It's the guitar used by Billy Joe Armstrong.

Since it has only one pick up and just a volume nob, is it that versitile?

First lesson of guitar...
Never let Billy (EDIT Billie... who cares?) Joe Armstrong influence your purchases.

I bought one for my kid and it isn't a bad guitar, but it's not very versatile.
Quote by Vikingx
First lesson of guitar...
Never let Billy (EDIT Billie... who cares?) Joe Armstrong influence your purchases.

I bought one for my kid and it isn't a bad guitar, but it's not very versatile.

Thanks for the advice, and don't worry I don't listen to Green Day.
When my friends at high school were hyped over American Idiot, I was rocking on my own listening to the Foo Fighters and Franz Ferdinand.

I was just curious.
I have no respect nor admiration for Armstrong.
Just Louis, not Billie Joe
I like Green Day.You guys make it sound like its bad to listen to it and I listen to bands like Job For A Cowboy and Children Of Bodom and Dethklok and Slipknot and Metallica and GNR
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
Quote by Victor Escobar
I like Green Day.You guys make it sound like its bad to listen to it and I listen to bands like Job For A Cowboy and Children Of Bodom and Dethklok and Slipknot and Metallica and GNR

no one said a damn thing about greenday.

I happen to have really enjoyed the bullet in a bible dvd, those guys put on a great show.

The guitar however, its very limiting.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by radomu
I was rocking on my own listening to the Foo Fighters and Franz Ferdinand.

Sigh...
Jackson Pro Series DK2M Dinky
Ibanez GRG 270
Ibanez Tone Blaster 25R
Zoom G2
DigiTech Rp50
Quote by Victor Escobar

Problems with Green Day:
Music is in no way innovative.
They're (crappy) musicians, not politicians... they seem to have forgotten this.

He's definitely not making it into the guitar gods thread. Or the Punk Gods thread for that matter. Green Day is like Punk Lite... worthless and gives you the $hits in the morning.
Green Day isnt a bad band. heck i still listen to American Idiot and love it when it came out 4 years ago haha. well i have a Les Paul Junior and i love it for its warm punchy tone. the clean sounds good in my opinion. its freaking awesome for punk and stuff but ive also played a lot of Metallica on it to like Master of Puppets, Fade to Black, or One. it all depends on your amp settings really. i love it so much.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
Quote by guy66657
Green Day isnt a bad band. heck i still listen to American Idiot and love it when it came out 4 years ago haha. well i have a Les Paul Junior and i love it for its warm punchy tone. the clean sounds good in my opinion. its freaking awesome for punk and stuff but ive also played a lot of Metallica on it to like Master of Puppets, Fade to Black, or One. it all depends on your amp settings really. i love it so much.

I can play Master of Puppets on a Harmony... doesn't make it a good guitar.
ah, i forgot to say it sounds good for that style of music as well. :]
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
i want one... bloody expensive for a gibby in Aus tho... and i wasn't getting the plywood epi lol.
Anyway they're not that versatile due to single pickup but i only leave my ugitars on bridge bucker anyway. OH and remember they have a P-90 so you'll have to live with the hum unless you wanna switch for a P-100 or h-90 or whatever.
Quote by Aidy Damage
My LP jr has 2 pups...
This is the most outright retarded thing I've ever seen anyone write on here.

There has never been a single LP Junior model made with two pickups. That's what makes them a Junior, because they always have just one pickup.

Anyway, yeah, I've got the Epi version. I only bought it as a trash guitar to practise modding and repainting on, but it turns out it actually doesn't sound too bad. The tone leaves something to be desired, but it sustains for longer than any other guitar I've ever touched. I sanded all the paint off the neck and now I use it quite a lot for practise. Nice 'lil thing considering that even with all the modding and repainting it still cost under £150.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
This is the most outright retarded thing I've ever seen anyone write on here.

There has never been a single LP Junior model made with two pickups. That's what makes them a Junior, because they always have just one pickup.

Anyway, yeah, I've got the Epi version. I only bought it as a trash guitar to practise modding and repainting on, but it turns out it actually doesn't sound too bad. The tone leaves something to be desired, but it sustains for longer than any other guitar I've ever touched. I sanded all the paint off the neck and now I use it quite a lot for practise. Nice 'lil thing considering that even with all the modding and repainting it still cost under £150.

Downright retarded? Mine is MODDED, mah boy! Yeah- didn't see THAT one coming, did you?
Quote by Aidy Damage
Downright retarded? Mine is MODDED, mah boy! Yeah- didn't see THAT one coming, did you?

I'm super-serial. It has been modded with a silver sparkle refinish, an extra p90 in the neck position, Rickenbacker-style fret inlays and glossy neck finish and a Bigsby. Once I'm in Cambridge again I'll get pics.
Quote by Aidy Damage
I'm super-serial. It has been modded with a silver sparkle refinish, an extra p90 in the neck position, Rickenbacker-style fret inlays and glossy neck finish and a Bigsby. Once I'm in Cambridge again I'll get pics.

That's like calling a NASCAR vehicle a Impala.
I don't get it.

That said, it's probably no longer a junior- it's more of a special now, right?
Quote by Aidy Damage
I don't get it.

That said, it's probably no longer a junior- it's more of a special now, right?

It's like that. My NASCAR reference crashed and burned....

I'm terrible. I don't even watch it NASCAR anyways.
I was just trying to say it's no longer even a Gibson really, with all that modding it's more of a one of a kind.
I have a '57 reissue epiphone LP jr. great guitar. nothing like the cheap beginner LP jr.s epiphone makes now. the 57s are discontinued now, unfortunately. and they were pretty cheap new, only $250. so you can get them used for a good deal.
I think I have pics of it in my profile somewhere.
i have cheapy humbucker equipped Epi JR. I'm thinking of putting a HB sized P-90 in it, though.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Aidy Damage
And don't you forget it!

My friends affectionately call it my 'Gibretchbacker'.

I'm with you, mate, I'm Japanese so I tend to support the British over the Americans.
We're both Islands, we're tiny, we used to have a strong desire to conquer the world, and we have a ****ing monarch!!!