*PICTURES ARE BELOW. WARNING: PICTURES MAY OR MAY NOT BE GRUESOME OR DISTURBING DEPENDING ON THE AUTHENTICITY OF THE PICTURES. IF YOU ARE EASILY DISTURBED OR GROSSED OUT, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ENTERING THIS THREAD*

Disclamer: Mods tell me if I need to remove them. Just please don't ban me. I'm not trying to make a shock thread. I've been here a while and I'm not one to cause trouble.

Ok, i need some UG sleuths (sp?). There is this email going around that supposedly shows a guy that got attacked by pirhanas.

It finally made it's way to me and I don't believe it for a bit.

It's a PowerPoint document with pictures and stuff and I don't know how to get it on here...
(I had a nice thread planned out and I just realized you can't put attatchments on here and now this messes it up...Anyone know how to get a PowerPoint document on here?)

Well anyway, after I figure out how to get it on here I'll edit this post so you guys can check it out.

Sorry about that. Can someone help?
Last edited by jumi1174 at Nov 25, 2008,
I got it sent to me also.

I question how they got the pictures, also i just find it hard to believe.
a little lost.....
Pretty sure this is the wrong forum. Like half-way. Sorry, can't help ya. Ask a mod, that never fails.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Well, for one... you could export them as .jpg's
but I'm pretty sure that you'll get flamed.
They're fish man!
Quote by Davo Ownz
There more then fish

Ever crossed a river that they lived in?
They're fish man.
They scatter when startled.
Quote by Spamwise
So..what's the question, exactly?

The question was going to be do you think the pictures are real.

But the pictures are in PowerPoint and I thought you could attach a document on here, but I guess not.

So the new question is, is there anyway to attach a document?

If not I'll have to just post the pictures but they are very "gruesome/disturbing" if they are real...
Quote by jumi1174
The question was going to be do you think the pictures are real.

But the pictures are in PowerPoint and I thought you could attach a document on here, but I guess not.

So the new question is, is there anyway to attach a document?

If not I'll have to just post the pictures but they are very "gruesome/disturbing" if they are real...

Hit me up... I'm sure that I've seen worse, and have been subjected to piranha (or fish as everyone else calls them). I promise to give you an honest, no $hit assessment of them. Prior to that I can tell you that they scram if you make a bunch of ruckus when crossing a river.
Oh, and incidentally...
There was (possibly is) a bar in South Carolina that had a tank of 'em with free drink chips in the bottom. You grab 'em, you drink for free. I ALWAYS drank for free.

More legend than fact.
My local zoo says there's documented events where someone has died as a result of a piranha attack. Although I don't know if the guy you're talking about died or not.

Edit: Good God, that's disgusting. I really think it's fake though. Why would the fish only eat the flesh from the skull, hand, and part of his chest
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Disgusting!

This is worse then My Valient Leap and he got banned...
a little lost.....
Based on my experiences this is complete crap. They may go for your hands and feet first, but the head... never. You would be screaming in agony at that point which would drive them away. Perhaps my experiences with them in the wild is not normal, but I can only speak from experience.
Wow..it's hard to tell. Although I'm prety syre it would have been some where on the news because it is so devastating....I call bull...but i could be wrong,
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Wouldn't the piranhas strip away all his flesh? It would make more sense than only doing the head and stuff.
^Exactly what I was thinking.

His head would be bobbing above the water if he fell in, there's not way that would have happened unless his head was submerged by itself.

And plus I haven't seen anything on the news or internet about it which leads me to beleive its not real.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Wouldn't the piranhas strip away all his flesh? It would make more sense than only doing the head and stuff.

Again, i'm not a piranha psychologist, but from what I've seen they attack non-screaming extremities first.

I have seen some pretty nasty wounds from them, but nothing quite like this.
If this were true I would have NEVER stuck my hand in a tank to drink for free all night...
Ok, maybe I would have...
It's free beer for Christ's sake.
What I saw was if you slapped your hand on the surface of the water they scattered, which allowed you plenty of time to gather your free drink coin...

In the wild they never even showed their toothy little faces.
Quote by jumi1174
^So in your opinion Viking, do you think it's real?

What kind of water fish are pirhanas and what kind of water is the Amazon?

Fresh water. Usually semi-calm waters.
I've come across them quite a few times in the wild when I was in the Marine Corps and they were never a problem.

Maybe they know better than to attack a Marine?!?!
I'd imagine that what I have seen is normal behavior.
i lol'd
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

I can't come up with an educated guess from your pictures though. A gator would have taken off his head in chunks... snakes... not even an option...

Not sure on this one.