Has anyone else ever thought about selling off all of your gear and keeping it simple?

All week, I have been happy sitting around playing Bright Eyes/Elliott Smith/ Beatles songs and writing a few of my own. I thought about selling my Twin Reverb, Mesa Mark III, and Orange 212 to fund a Gibson Dove (thus, I could finally give my dad back his D-35). Too bad I would miss my gear tremendously and can't make ambient, progressive rock with an acoustic.

Share your stories of stripped down joy!
I've though of doing that SO many times, for pretty much the exact same styles as you. I'd want a J-45, a telecaster, and a vox ac15. That's all I'd need to be happy. At least for guitar, I'd still need a pimp bass rig for my band.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I agree. I go through phases of lying around the house with an acoustic, nothing else, just playing Bright Eyes, Dashboard Confessional, Noah and the Whale, Jack Johnson, etc. But then I go through the *expensive* phases of wanting to get a really fat chunky sound and blowing out windows. So I think I will keep both.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
I would be happy with this set up.

Charvel Surfcaster with a bridge humbucker
Bogner Fish preamp
Bogner Shiva power amp
Fender Blender
Cabinet

Is that stripped down?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I have been close to doing so many times. But I´ve only got **** gear(exept for my Gibson LP)

Now I´m thinking of seeling my first guitar(cort stratocaster) to fund a delaypedal(probably a EH #1 Echo).

Do you think it´s a good deal?
why would you sell it all? just hide it temporarily.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Just save up, or sell other useless (non-guitar related) ****.

I sold my telecaster to fund a baritone Jag, and I regret parting with it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
No way! I get teary-eyed just thinking about it! I've built up my collection over the years and I am so proud of my pieces. They are all different and unique in their own ways. Most of my guitars have a story or some kind of significance behind them. To part with any of my guitars would be like giving up a child- I don't have the heart to do that. If there ever comes a point where I desperately need the $$ for some emergency then maybe, but right now I am very happy and don't want to change anything.